Upgrades from previous versions
Please choose an upgrade option available for your version of WAPT or WAPT Pro. Module licenses and additional Load Agent licenses do not require upgrading and maintenance renewals. You can use those licenses with the latest version of core products. If you have any doubts regarding your current license, please contact us to get our recommendation on the upgrade path.
To address the changing requirements of our users we regularly release new versions of our software.
*: You only pay one year support and maintenance fee.
**: Your maintenance period will continue.
x64 Load Engine$250*
|WAPT 8.x to 9.3
Upgrade one license of WAPT 8.x to the latest standard version.
|WAPT Pro 3.x to 4.3
Upgrade one license of WAPT Pro 3.x to the latest professional version.
|x64 Load Engine to 4.3
Upgrade one license of any version prior to 4.0.
|WAPT 9.3 to WAPT Pro 4.3
Upgrade one license of WAPT 9.3 to WAPT Pro 4.3.
To address the changing requirements of our users we regularly release new versions of our software.
The price includes one year maintenance.
|Old WAPT to WAPT 9.3
Upgrade one license of WAPT 2.x-7.x to the latest standard version.
|Old WAPT Pro to WAPT Pro 4.3
Upgrade one license of WAPT Pro 1.x-2.x to the latest professional version.
|Old WAPT to WAPT Pro 4.3
Upgrade one license of WAPT 2.x-7.x to the latest professional version.
Version HistoryWAPT Pro 4.3 / WAPT 9.3 (released August 10, 2016)
- Adjustable test environment*: You can now add new load agents to the test as the load volume requires that. You do not need to restart the test to use the new environment, which is crucial for long tests that must be run without interruption. It is also possible to replace load agents with new ones to change the load origin.
- Ability to change load parameters during the test*: The initially defined number of virtual users and load options are not fixed till the test completion anymore. You can adjust almost all settings on the fly. If you need to check how your web site responds to a certain load change, you can temporary increase or reduce the number of virtual users for any profile.
- Module for SharePoint testing: A special module automatically parameterizes the request digest value in tests recorded for MS SharePoint applications. This removes the majority of manual work and lets you design tests faster. While the module is licensed separately, it is also included in our full module pack.
- Extended log analysis features: When debugging tests you always need to review logs and compare responses with the originally recorded ones. You are no longer limited to the raw text comparison for headers. Now they all are sorted out on a separate tab, so you can check them one to one. Another tab lets you do this with cookies. The comparison of the page code has been improved to provide an accurate and fast result even for long pages.
- Improved Error logging option: Error logs now contain full information on all failed sessions, not only responses with errors as before. This lets you check the preceding requests step by step to find the roots of the fault.
- Support for SNMPv2c performance counters*: Community-Based Simple Network Management Protocol version 2 is now fully supported in addition to other SNMP versions.
WAPT Pro 4.0 / WAPT 9.0 (released August 17, 2015)
- Adjustable Pass/Fail criteria: You do not need to browse long reports and search through multiple graphs to interpret test results. Once you defined your requirements for the performance parameters, you can let WAPT Pro run all checks automatically on test completion.
- Customizable reports: Now you have an option to exclude unneeded information from the report tables to avoid working with excessive unreadable data.
- Performance degradation metrics: Once you measured the baseline response time for each request in the user session, you can see how it changes in further tests with different load parameters. Along with the actual test data you can get the performance degradation factor.
- Flexible error handling: You can set to ignore HTTP errors for any specific request. This way you can test applications producing error responses as a part of their normal operation.
- Improved test recorder: The test recording now works much faster because the processing is performed as a separate task. All HTTP requests are initially recorded as is. After that they are analyzed for dependencies to separate page elements and create variables for session-specific values.
- 64 bit version of the workplace: You can now work with very long profiles, logs and test reports. There is no technical limit on the functionality requiring high virtual memory usage.
- New GUI and usability features: Updated user interface offers the familiar controls, including the left view extended with new options. Now it works visually faster and can be easily used to navigate thousands items. The limitation of a single workplace has been removed. You can open multiple windows and compare the results of different test runs.
- Integration with Jenkins: We provide a special plugin for a smooth integration between WAPT Pro and Jenkins. This will let you execute tests as a part of your continuous development process.
- Recording of user sessions: Now you can start designing your tests with help of any browser and in any network configuration. WAPT Pro automatically deletes cookies in Firefox and Chrome to prepare for clean recording, handles VPN connections and all types of proxy servers, and correctly processes occasionally failed requests. The process is facilitated with automatic scrolling of the recorded content in the left view and a number of other enhancements.
- Parameterization: A new bunch parameterization feature will let you automatically find all occurrences of a session-specific value and parameterize them all in one click. You will only need to select the source from which you want to take the value to convert it to a variable.
- Test scope specification (Pro version only): You can now get more information from the tested servers with help of the new predefined performance counters for Apache, IIS and other server tools. In addition you can easily design your own custom counters and put them on charts and in the report.
- Execution (Pro version only): In case of a large distributed test you will now have much better control on the hardware systems used to create the load. WAPT Pro can efficiently distribute the work between agents and engines of different capacities.
- Results: You can now get more data in the report and on charts. HTML report can be delivered by email in a single file. You can specify nested folders to output reports, logs and raw data files for each test. When you run scheduled tests, you will have full results for each one saved and labelled according to your needs.
- Custom performance counters and support for secure SNMP (Pro version only)You can now add your own performance counters for any values available through WMI and SNMP interfaces. You can monitor the performance of application servers and other system components. The latest secure SNMP v3 is now supported.
- Full support for Kerberos, SSO and cookie-enabled authenticationYou can test web servers requiring Kerberos, SSO and cookie-enabled authentication types. Test credentials can be provided in CSV files.
- Rendezvous pointsYou can now create rendezvous points inside the emulated user sessions. This is done with help of a special operator that pauses the execution of the current session and waits for other virtual users. When a specified number of users reach the same point, the execution of all sessions continues.
- Extended find and replaceWhen working on the test parameterization you often need to find all places inside a virtual user profile where a certain value is used. Now you can find all such places at once and easily navigate to different occurrences. You can also make massive replacements by simply checking the items that need to be changed.
- Support for automatic proxy configurationAutomatic configuration of browser proxy settings is often used inside corporate networks. In such cases the name of the proxy server is not directly specified in the browser. Now it can be determined and used for test recording in all cases.
- A number of optimizations (Pro version only)- Memory usage by load agents is reduced, so you can create more virtual users with the same hardware.
- Communication between the workplace and load agents is performed more efficiently. This increases timing accuracy and reduces bandwidth requirements for load agents used remotely.
- Any updates you make to the list of load agents are performed faster, so you can start the test immediately after configuring your agents.
- A number of smaller features- Ability to measure time required for a specific task within a user session;
- Support for non-ASCII data files used to read values from;
- Ability to use variables inside function parameters;
- Logging of variable values;
- Automatic parameterization of JSON values (in the Module for JSON format);
- AMF messages with object references are fully supported (in the Module for Adobe Flash testing);
- Option to group requests on recording;
- Extended SSL error reporting.
- Highly configurable test load (Pro version only)
- Integration with your development environment
- Improved test debug and verification capabilities
- Scheduled test execution
- Support for streaming HTTP requests
- Emulation of multiple browser connections for a single session
- Parameterization of file upload
- Recording tests with Firefox, Chrome, or any other external browser
- Ability to identify the source of dynamic values in server responses
- Full recording and replaying of request headers
- Support for request parameters passed without values
- A new operator for stopping the test execution on an exceptional condition
- New options to handle page elements recording
- Easy conversion of page elements to separate requests and vice versa
- Emulation of browsers with disabled cookies
- Ability to export full test execution data to an external base
- New calculation modes for database performance counters
- Support for ASP.NET and Flash applications testing by means of a special separately installed modules
- Ability to collect performance counters statistics from several systems in one test
- More specific parameters in the report: response time, processing time and download time
- Test plan visualization: see how many users will execute each profile on every step
- Ability to read dynamic values from csv files
- Ability to use variables inside server names
- The values of dynamic parameters can now contain line breaks
- Operator execution is fully logged now
- Easy navigation to the place where any internal variable is defined
- Option to select profiles for verification and test run
- Ability to test the execution of a function inside a profile without launching it
- Graphs and statistics for separate tasks within profiles
- New recorder based on complete interception of browser requests
- Ability to compare server responses with saved pages
- Site response validation by time
- Option to set validation criteria for all profile pages at once
- Option to initialize internal variables before profile execution
- Encoding option for separate requests and parameters
- Distributed load generation
- Remote test management
- Server performance monitoring
- Virtual user behavior can be programmed with conditional operators and loops
- Recorder creates requests for all types of additional page resources
- Automatic delivery of test reports by email
- Ability to use a unique value of a parameter inside each virtual user session
- Ability to specify raw data for a POST request
- Ability to specify a template for test report file name from command line
- Ability to use functions in any place inside request URL and POST data
- Tree-type Log Viewer
- Test Scenario Validation
- Automatic Parameterization of Requests
- Server Resources Deallocation Testing
- New Test Completion Criteria
- Server Response Verification
- Accurate Test Completion Option
- AJAX Requests Recording
- Custom Separators in Queries
- Option to Disable Parameters Encoding
- Support for Compressed Content in Responses
- Multiple virtual user profiles in a single test scenario
- Support of IP spoofing. Each virtual user can have individual IP address
- Each virtual user can have individual user name and password for Integrated
- Windows authentication (NTLM) and Basic authentication
- Reporting is now available at run time
- Support of different language encodings
- Test run summary reports
- Command-line interface
- Support of persistent cookies
- Test scenario and profiles in XML
- Support of local Variables (complementary to Functions)
- Support of recording applications with pop-up windows
- Loading of image files using local cache emulation
- Option to schedule test runs
- Ability to add custom strings to HTTP headers
- Option to show only errors in the log
- Reports in HTML format