WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JMessenger

Content-Type HTTP Header initially captured as "application/json" sporadically updates to "text/plain"

I've seen this happen a few times in different scenarios - I'm not sure what triggers this issue.

- When the profile is initially recorded: HTTP Header Content-Type is set to application/json; charset=UTF-8

- I am able to execute the test many times without having an issue. During these executions Content-Type remains set to application/json; charset=UTF-8

- At some point test executions start sending messages with Content-Type set to text/plain; charset=UTF-8

-- this causes 415 Unsupported Media type errors.

Content Type is not null and disabled in Profile -> Properties -> HTTP Headers so to fix this issue I add another Content-Type header set to application/json; charset=UTF-8, checking the Overwrite box for each message with the issue.

I recently saw this issue occur in the following scenario but I think it has occurred in other scenarios as well:

1. Laptop execution (this was successfully executed many times): Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
2.Terminal Server execution (execution failed with 415 errors): Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
3. Retried Laptop execution after terminal server execution (executions continue to fail): Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8