Photo

Content-Type HTTP Header initially captured as "application/json" sporadically updates to "text/plain"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JMessenger

JMessenger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:51 PM

I've seen this happen a few times in different scenarios - I'm not sure what triggers this issue.

- When the profile is initially recorded: HTTP Header Content-Type is set to application/json; charset=UTF-8

- I am able to execute the test many times without having an issue.  During these executions Content-Type remains set to application/json; charset=UTF-8

- At some point test executions start sending messages with Content-Type set to text/plain; charset=UTF-8

-- this causes 415 Unsupported Media type errors.

Content Type is not null and disabled in Profile -> Properties -> HTTP Headers so to fix this issue I add another Content-Type header set to application/json; charset=UTF-8, checking the Overwrite box for each message with the issue.

I recently saw this issue occur in the following scenario but I think it has occurred in other scenarios as well:

1. Laptop execution (this was successfully executed many times): Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
2.Terminal Server execution (execution failed with 415 errors): Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
3. Retried Laptop execution after terminal server execution (executions continue to fail): Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

#2 Sergei Leonov

Sergei Leonov

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Could you send me your profile to support@loadtestingtool.com?

What is a version of WAPT installed on laptop and server? Is JSON module installed on both computers?

Sergei Leonov
WAPT Project Manager
SoftLogica LLC

Office: +7-383-335-6692
Toll-free: 1-888-364-6797 (for US only)
Time zone GMT +6, EST +11
E-mail: support@loadtestingtool.com
http://www.loadtestingtool.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users