WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest suja

Number of Sessions under 1 user

Guest suja

Hi,

I have run the test as per your time suggestions which is 8hours and 20 mins for 1000 users login,logout for my application. But it shows nearly 10 or 12 sessions under every user. These 10 sessions under every users represents the no of pages for login logout or is it possible to reduce it.

Please advise.

Thanks,

suja

Guest suja

Hi I have sent the files profile,scenario file and few logfiles in email to support please have a look and let us know.

Guest g.venkat

I too have the same question!i.e. How can I run a ramp-up load for 200 users with 3 second delay and each user performs only one session.

I too have the same question!i.e. How can I run a ramp-up load for 200 users with 3 second delay and each user performs only one session.

You can add a delay at the end of profile, and each virtual user will wait others.

Guest g.venkat

You can add a delay at the end of profile, and each virtual user will wait others.

In this case, I have two questions.

1. I am not getting the no of successful sessions. it is blank. Am I missing something here?

2. It wont exactly give me the time to complete these 200 users, since I add a wait time to the test run time (which I don't know and I am providing a sufficiently enough time to complete all the users)

for e.g. my scenario is: User logs in and he will do 10 interactive pages of different plan type enrollments and logs out. once he has done that he cannot enroll into the plans again(So user coming again and doing the next session will generate errors in system which will make the test put pressure on the CPU) unless he waived from the plans which is a different scenario and also is not a regular scenario. So to test the enrollment scenario, I want to put 1000 users with ramp-up 3 seconds and each user performs only one user session. and I want to know the exact time that it takes to complete these 1000 users.

One more question, Is Ramp-up is a Best scenario in this case?

In this case, I have two questions.

1. I am not getting the no of successful sessions. it is blank. Am I missing something here?

No, it's a correct behavior of WAPT.

2. It wont exactly give me the time to complete these 200 users, since I add a wait time to the test run time (which I don't know and I am providing a sufficiently enough time to complete all the users)

for e.g. my scenario is: User logs in and he will do 10 interactive pages of different plan type enrollments and logs out. once he has done that he cannot enroll into the plans again(So user coming again and doing the next session will generate errors in system which will make the test put pressure on the CPU) unless he waived from the plans which is a different scenario and also is not a regular scenario. So to test the enrollment scenario, I want to put 1000 users with ramp-up 3 seconds and each user performs only one user session. and I want to know the exact time that it takes to complete these 1000 users.

One more question, Is Ramp-up is a Best scenario in this case?

You need to properly parameterize your profile so that server treats each session as a new visitor.

Then set in WAPT Start and completion settings/Execute to 1000 and you will have 1000 users visited your site.

Guest g.venkat

No, it's a correct behavior of WAPT.

You need to properly parameterize your profile so that server treats each session as a new visitor.

Then set in WAPT Start and completion settings/Execute to 1000 and you will have 1000 users visited your site.

Thank you for your explanation. But I am unable to understand when you say properly parameterize. May be a simple example will make me comfortable. Just take a simple example of adding 100 users in a ramp-up scenario. I did the following settings.

Profile Settings:

UserID: use a Sequence: "test" appended by 10000 with 1 increment

Screen shot attached.

Test Volume

Start and Complete Settings: Execute 100 user sessions before test end

Virtual Users: Ramp-up load from 0 to 100 users with step 1 every 2 seconds.

I executed this test but only 57 have been successful, the reason for this is that some users has more than one session and has performed for the same userid across virtual users for different sessions.

100Users.zip

In your case the parameter Shift of $Seq function should be more than a number of sessions for one virtual user (use 100 or 1000 for example) and you will have an unique value.