Running from Command Line

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

Probably a stupid not so technical question .... but I tried following the instructions to run this tool from the command line and am failing badly.

My command:
-run Login.wps [-noexit] [-hr Results] [-sr Results] [-csv Results] [-log Results]
Response:
"-run" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Or else...

My command
WAPT.exe -run Login.wps [-noexit] [-hr Results] [-sr Results] [-csv Results] [-log Results]
Response:
Program opens with no wps selected and nothing else happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 11 2008, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably a stupid not so technical question .... but I tried following the instructions to run this tool from the command line and am failing badly.

My command:
-run Login.wps [-noexit] [-hr Results] [-sr Results] [-csv Results] [-log Results]
Response:
"-run" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Or else...

My command
WAPT.exe -run Login.wps [-noexit] [-hr Results] [-sr Results] [-csv Results] [-log Results]
Response:
Program opens with no wps selected and nothing else happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

You should remove [] square brackets. Also, you should specify the full path to your scenario file.
In general, you should always specify full paths to all files and folders.

#3 Guest_pon_*

Guest_pon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (angela @ Dec 11 2008, 02:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

You should remove [] square brackets. Also, you should specify the full path to your scenario file.
In general, you should always specify full paths to all files and folders.

I am having the same problem, this is what I'm entering into the command line:

C:\PROGRA~1\SOFTLO~1\WAPT\WAPT.exe -run C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\MyWAPT\Location8am.wps -noexit -hr C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\MyWAPT\HTMLReports -log C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\MyWAPT\logs

all it does is open up WAPT...

am I not using the -run command correctly? sad.gif

#4 Guest_pon_*

Guest_pon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

I am having the same problem:

C:\PROGRA~1\SOFTLO~1\WAPT\WAPT.exe -run C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\MyWAPT\Location8am.wps -noexit -hr C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\MyWAPT\HTMLReports -log C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\MyWAPT\logs

all it does is open up WAPT.

#5 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (pon @ Jan 15 2009, 04:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am having the same problem:

all it does is open up WAPT.

You need to put all files names and paths in quotes, this should fix the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users