WAPt does not recognize Java Script ShowModalDialog windows

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike_*

Guest_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

I have an application that uses the ShowModalDialog javascript command to display ASPX .Net web pages. WAPT does not recognize these pages while recording. Can you confirm this? Do I need an update?

Thank You

#2 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Mike @ Jun 5 2008, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an application that uses the ShowModalDialog javascript command to display ASPX .Net web pages. WAPT does not recognize these pages while recording. Can you confirm this? Do I need an update?

Thank You

Hi,

Now WAPT does not recognize such pages. Possibly, it will be implemented in one of our future releases.

#3 Guest_labpas_*

Guest_labpas_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Mike @ Jun 4 2008, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank You

We are having the same issue. Any client side javascript calls to window.showModalDialog are ignored by WAPT's recorder. This causes our WAPT testing to fail on these screens. Entire sections of server side code run from within these popups are not executed within the WAPT test because it does not launch the popup as is done when the test is recorded. It seems that without this feature, WAPT fails as a full featured web app load testing tool. Any hope this is supported in later versions? And the lack of WAPT executing client side Javascript is a severe hinderance to our web app testing (I would think most robust web apps would run into the same problem).

#4 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (labpas @ May 19 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are having the same issue. Any client side javascript calls to window.showModalDialog are ignored by WAPT's recorder. This causes our WAPT testing to fail on these screens. Entire sections of server side code run from within these popups are not executed within the WAPT test because it does not launch the popup as is done when the test is recorded. It seems that without this feature, WAPT fails as a full featured web app load testing tool. Any hope this is supported in later versions? And the lack of WAPT executing client side Javascript is a severe hinderance to our web app testing (I would think most robust web apps would run into the same problem).

Please add the required requests manually, everything should work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users