Jump to content


Too Low Response Times


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JAF_*

Guest_JAF_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

The topic title might sound like a joke - who would complain about low response times. Well, the thing is when I manually perform the test, it takes anywhere from 1-2 seconds for the search to be performed (it is a performance test of the search function on our website). So if it takes 1-2 seconds for me to perform a single search, I would expect the result with 10 concurrent users to be, if not the same, then at least higher. That is not the case.

Results from a 15 minute test starting with 0 users ramping up to max 10 (one additional user every minute) were as follows:

Response time
FacilityLevel_01_User.page_7: http://non-public-we...lityLevels.aspx
Min 0,007 0,007 0,006 0,007 0,006 0,006 0,005 0 0,001 0,006
Avg 0,01 0,008 0,009 0,009 0,009 0,009 0,01 0,01 0,01 0,01
Avg90 0,04 0,01 0,01 0,02 0,01 0,02 0,01 0,01 0,03 0,01
Max 0,27 0,11 0,06 0,2 0,07 0,27 0,15 0,16 0,55 0,1

I've highlighted the Max Response Time areas to easily separate the values. Note that there is only one peak at half a second, the rest are around a quarter or lower. This even at a 10-user load, and no value comes close to my 1.5 second response time experience when performing it manually.

The average response time is even worse. Please mind that this is only data for the last step - the actual search. And average values are around 0.01 seconds - not even close to realistic data.

I fail to see why this is the case. I don't think there's anything wrong with the WAPT Pro tool, but perhaps a change in our code has made it hard for WAPT to perform the test as it used to (we have test results from a few months back where the average response time was about 10 seconds).

We're using an AJAX toolkit and various controls on the web page. Could that have anything to do with it? It's as if WAPT simply presses the "Search" button, but doesn't care to monitor the time it actually takes before the search has been completed.

What can I do to monitor the search time? This is essential to our performance report.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Guest_JAF_*

Guest_JAF_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Seems it was due to a login being needed. Did a thorough check of the logs generated, and they indicated a missing password. A change in server architecture must have triggered this, as it was the exact same test script I used a few months back which worked perfectly.

For now, you can consider this issue resolved.

#3 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (JAF @ Aug 27 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems it was due to a login being needed. Did a thorough check of the logs generated, and they indicated a missing password. A change in server architecture must have triggered this, as it was the exact same test script I used a few months back which worked perfectly.

For now, you can consider this issue resolved.


Thanks for letting us know!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users