User session recording with HTA application

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_topher_*

Guest_topher_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hi There,

I am currently using the demo version of WAPT to test our intranet site before we purchase a license. After creating the first couple of test files I have noticed that because we are using an HTA site, the url requests are not happening for each page we go through.

Is WAPT compatible with HTA applications through a web browser?
Is WAPT still recording the background processes and information submitted in each page even though the page requests may not be registering during the record process?

Thanks.

#2 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (topher @ Mar 17 2009, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi There,

I am currently using the demo version of WAPT to test our intranet site before we purchase a license. After creating the first couple of test files I have noticed that because we are using an HTA site, the url requests are not happening for each page we go through.

Is WAPT compatible with HTA applications through a web browser?
Is WAPT still recording the background processes and information submitted in each page even though the page requests may not be registering during the record process?

Thanks.

Hi,

Most probably, your application never uses (or does not use sometimes) HTTP. When it works without using HTTP, WAPT cannot record its requests.

#3 Guest_topher_*

Guest_topher_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (angela @ Mar 17 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Most probably, your application never uses (or does not use sometimes) HTTP. When it works without using HTTP, WAPT cannot record its requests.

Hi there,

thanks for the reply, I made a mistake in my original question, the site is not using an hta application, it is using frames with aspx pages in each frame.

I had another issue when using the demo version as well in that if I open the initial login screen through my normal browser I can authenticate and login no problem. When I try to do it during a recorded session the page does not authenticate and keeps pushing me back to the empty login screen. Does there need to be anything specifically set for the login screens or authentication forms?

thanks.

#4 Guest_Celestemmcknight_*

Guest_Celestemmcknight_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:05 PM

Willingly I accept. The theme is interesting, I will take part in discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users