WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest stguitar

javascript global variable unreachable

Guest stguitar

I have an object array that my application registers as a javascript global variable. it is not accessable via the DOM. when i am using my app and am on chrome i can use the console to access the variable. however in wapt when i have a javascript "step" at the appropriate location in the recording steps the variable name says it is undefined.

has anyone had success with this? with this behaviour that i am seeing it basically makes having wapt pro completely useless.

Guest stguitar

already posted this once, but dont see it on the board so doing so again....

basically i have a global javascript object array that i can see in firebug or chrome's developer debugger thing, but WAPT cannot access the variable. i am told that it is undefined. its not in the DOM... my app just registers it as a global javascript variable.

if wapt pro cannot do this, that would be a deal breaker for the product. it is useless without this feature to me.

has anyone had issues with this or overcame them?

During a test WAPT doesn't execute scripts downloaded from a tested site. But you can create copy of your variable and execute your scripts in WAPT JavaScript operator.