using a form

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_mrose_*

Guest_mrose_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

Hi, I am currently testing with WAPT in order to see if it will do what my organization is looking for. It works great, except I have a portion of a webpage which uses a form with a drop down list, hit submit and then a report is run. This does not appear to take my clicks from selecting the reports, therefore, it does not test this piece. Is there a way to ensure it does this? thanks in advance!

-Matt

#2 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (mrose @ Sep 25 2008, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I am currently testing with WAPT in order to see if it will do what my organization is looking for. It works great, except I have a portion of a webpage which uses a form with a drop down list, hit submit and then a report is run. This does not appear to take my clicks from selecting the reports, therefore, it does not test this piece. Is there a way to ensure it does this? thanks in advance!

-Matt

Hi Matt,

We suggest recording such requests manually (just in case, you can send to us a link to this webpage, so that we can understand the case better).

#3 Guest_mrose_*

Guest_mrose_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (angela @ Sep 25 2008, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Matt,

We suggest recording such requests manually (just in case, you can send to us a link to this webpage, so that we can understand the case better).

What do you mean by record it manually? Also, The webpage is internal only, so unfortunately I can't do that

thanks

#4 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (mrose @ Sep 25 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean by record it manually? Also, The webpage is internal only, so unfortunately I can't do that

thanks

Hi,

You need to add the request (to the page where your list is located) to the corresponding place in your profile.
Then you should add a parameter which corresponds to this dropdown list and assign a value to it using a function (Static text or Ordered list (you can create a list with all values from the dropdown list)).
Then you should add a parameter for Submit. Possibly, there should be some other parameters which you can define with the help of a person who developed your application.

Since we cannot have a look at your application, this is just a guess what you should do in this case.

#5 Guest_mrose_*

Guest_mrose_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:59 PM

i've attached screenshots...1st one is the drop down list
2nd is the text that also needs to be filled out, followed by hitting submit..
i can't seem to get this yet

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users