Test Scenario Parameterization

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Konstantin_*

Guest_Konstantin_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

I'm currently evaluating WAPT for the several in-house build web applications. These applications most are the engineering applications with a lot of input data based on the various parameters. My question how I can setup customized parameters for the multiple test case scenarios where my parameters are stored in the MS SQL database. Thanks. Konstantin

#2 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Konstantin @ Jun 14 2008, 04:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm currently evaluating WAPT for the several in-house build web applications. These applications most are the engineering applications with a lot of input data based on the various parameters. My question how I can setup customized parameters for the multiple test case scenarios where my parameters are stored in the MS SQL database. Thanks. Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

It is not possible to get parameters from a database. If you have a lot of data to insert as a value of parameter, you can do this with use of lists and the functions Ordered list and Random from list

#3 Guest_osa_*

Guest_osa_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:20 PM

A pratical way to do this is export as simple text file your data from DataBase and the load this.
It's important that you create gli file like this

element1
element2
element3

Also uso of DB could be a wonderful function. Can you evaluate this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users