It has been a while since we last updated our products, and now we plan to do this very soon. This time we decided to provide beta versions to our users couple weeks before the official release, as there are several highly requested new features. So, I am happy to let you know that new versions are available for download.
x64 Load Engine for Pro 3.1: http://www.loadtestingtool.com/forum/builds/WAPTProx64LoadEngine.zip
These versions are fully functional and hopefully not too raw to try. However if you find a bug, you are welcome to report it as usual. We will do our best to provide a fix as soon as possible.
New versions are compatible with the current official builds of all extension modules.
This upgrade will be free for all registered users of the current versions (WAPT 8.0 and WAPT Pro 3.0). So, if you already have a license, you can use your serial number to register the new installation.
Below is a list of new features with few comments on each one. Stars mark features available only in the Pro version.
Custom performance counters and support for secure SNMP*
You can now add your own performance counters for any values available through WMI and SNMP interfaces. You can monitor the performance of application servers and other system components. The latest secure SNMP v3 is now supported.
Full support for Kerberos, SSO and cookie-enabled authentication
You can test web servers requiring Kerberos, SSO and cookie-enabled authentication types. Test credentials can be provided in CSV files.
You can now create rendezvous points inside the emulated user sessions. This is done with help of a special operator that pauses the execution of the current session and waits for other virtual users. When a specified number of users reach the same point, the execution of all sessions continues.
Extended find and replace
When working on the test parameterization you often need to find all places inside a virtual user profile where a certain value is used. Now you can find all such places at once and easily navigate to different occurrences. You can also make massive replacements by simply checking the items that need to be changed.
Support for automatic proxy configuration
Automatic configuration of browser proxy settings is often used inside corporate networks. In such cases the name of the proxy server is not directly specified in the browser. Now it can be determined and used for test recording in all cases.
A number of optimizations*
- Memory usage by load agents is reduced, so you can create more virtual users with the same hardware.
- Communication between the workplace and load agents is performed more efficiently. This increases timing accuracy and reduces bandwidth requirements for load agents used remotely.
- Any updates you make to the list of load agents are performed faster, so you can start the test immediately after configuring your agents.
A number of smaller features
- Ability to measure time required for a specific task within a user session;
- Support for non-ASCII data files used to read values from;
- Ability to use variables inside function parameters;
- Logging of variable values;
- Automatic parameterization of JSON values (in the Module for JSON format);
- AMF messages with object references are fully supported (in the Module for Adobe Flash testing);
- Option to group requests on recording;
- Extended SSL error reporting.