WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabian

Iterations

Guest Fabian

Hi..

I`m new in WAPT, i'm evaluating the software and i 've a lot a questions?.

First

I defined:

-1 scenary with 10 users fixed, the test run for 1 minute.

-1 profile, with a 1 only page, and 2 iterations with interval of 0 seconds, user speed conection = T1.

My questons are:

what is a session? 1 session = 1 user?

One user with 2 iterations what significate? do the profile two times, and then?, doing again?, what's the siferences with no to define iterations?

Atte.

Fabián Rojas

Guest angela
Hi..

I`m new in WAPT, i'm evaluating the software and i 've a lot a questions?.

First

I defined:

-1 scenary with 10 users fixed, the test run for 1 minute.

-1 profile, with a 1 only page, and 2 iterations with interval of 0 seconds, user speed conection = T1.

My questons are:

what is a session? 1 session = 1 user?

One user with 2 iterations what significate? do the profile two times, and then?, doing again?, what's the siferences with no to define iterations?

Atte.

Fabián Rojas

Hi Fabian,

The session of each virtual user includes a single execution of Initial actions, then the repeat of Main pages, and at the end a single execution of Final actions. In your case, all users will execute the page from the Main section for two times.

If the time of execution will be less than specified by you, the test finishes. If you have the option Stop test correctly in General Settings enabled (it is done by default), when the time of test run is over, all running user sessions will be executed until they finish. Only after that the test completes. This is useful if it's not desirable to leave many open sessions on your server after the test. However, such sessions will not participate in test run statistics.

Iteration is a step-by-step pass of the Main test sequence. The number of iterations determines how many times a virtual user will execute the Main sequence.

If Initial sequence contains the pages which can be executed once (like login page), Main test sequence simulates repeating actions like surfing a product catalog or forum, search for specific product or topic and so on. Pages from the Main sequence will be repeated the number of times equal to the number of iterations set by you.