WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest baiju

ajax pages

Guest baiju

Hi,

I have a application developed in JAVA in that particular application some pages are having the ajax code request for the pages.

S o when I do the load testing its not showing the timing for that particular pages and its not showing the page timing properly.

can anybody help me for it.

I want to know if ajax pages can be majored for the load testing which is used for the application.

Best Regards,

Baiju

Guest Paul Deen
Hi,

I have a application developed in JAVA in that particular application some pages are having the ajax code request for the pages.

S o when I do the load testing its not showing the timing for that particular pages and its not showing the page timing properly.

can anybody help me for it.

I want to know if ajax pages can be majored for the load testing which is used for the application.

Best Regards,

Baiju

In principle, AJAX pages should behave like any other page. How are your ajax calls getting made? Through the XmlHttpRequest? It seems odd that recorder is not picking it up. Are your AJAX request simple GET's or are they more complicated POST? It's possible to manually build a request in WAPT, GET's are very easy, POST's are a little trickier.

Guest baiju
In principle, AJAX pages should behave like any other page. How are your ajax calls getting made? Through the XmlHttpRequest? It seems odd that recorder is not picking it up. Are your AJAX request simple GET's or are they more complicated POST? It's possible to manually build a request in WAPT, GET's are very easy, POST's are a little trickier.

Thanx for the reply,

I have the AJAX pages calls getting made is simple GETs.

I am also surprise for the not picking the records from the page.thats y I mailed it.

BTW I try with simple adding the page name after the AJAX coded page and it works.,

But the page is not calculating the all timing for response I think.

What is the option does "treat server response vaild if it (combo) " contain/does not contain" the text : text box . "?

As I have given the value for it but its show error for the page for the Session variable...

Can you help me for this?

Thanx

Baiju

Guest baiju

Thanx Paul,

I did it but not getting the real timing for this.. I think!

As my page taking more then 1or 2 sec for loading the page on screen but its showing the total max time just 0.20 sec for the response time in the report.

Thanx

Baiju

Guest angela
Thanx Paul,

I did it but not getting the real timing for this.. I think!

As my page taking more then 1or 2 sec for loading the page on screen but its showing the total max time just 0.20 sec for the response time in the report.

Thanx

Baiju

Hello Baiju,

Please send to us (to support@loadtestingtool.com) your profile, scenario, full and error logs and Report, so that we can see the results.

Guest Paul Deen

I suppose this would make sense. All WAPT does is measure the time taken to make a request and get a response. The actual wait time for the user would be different, because they would need to load any javascripts, do the initialisation. All this has to be done before you make the ajaxian request. You can model this using the think time, but this won't be included in any reports.

I would say the result you're seeing are probably more meaningful anyway; it is an indication of how your server is behaving under load. Including client side wait times in this would pollute your results. Remember WAPT is a load testing tool rather than a good measure of page load time.

Sounds to me like you're doing everything right already :)

Guest Paul Deen

Sorry, just saw your original questions...

The option "treat server response as valid if.." combo is a way of evaluating the result of your request. Supposing you have a profile that tests putting an order through your website. So you have a POST on CreateOrder.jsp. What you can do is look for the text in the reply that says "Order succesfully placed" or whatever. That way, if the response to your post has that, you know the order went in successfully, if that text wasn't in the reply, then you know the result wasn't what you expected, and therefore failed.

For the session variable, you probably have a cookie to identify your session. You need to make sure this cookie is added in each request you make. When you record a browser session, WAPT seems to do a decent job of doing this. But if you were making new requests, then you'll have to do some of the work yourself. I'm sure Angela can better help you with the details of how to do this.

Cheers,

Paul

Guest angela

Hi Paul,

You are correct, WAPT measures only Response time which is different from Download time. Response time is a time of getting a response from server, while Download time includes the time of getting the whole content of the corresponding page.

Guest baiju
Sorry, just saw your original questions...

The option "treat server response as valid if.." combo is a way of evaluating the result of your request. Supposing you have a profile that tests putting an order through your website. So you have a POST on CreateOrder.jsp. What you can do is look for the text in the reply that says "Order succesfully placed" or whatever. That way, if the response to your post has that, you know the order went in successfully, if that text wasn't in the reply, then you know the result wasn't what you expected, and therefore failed.

For the session variable, you probably have a cookie to identify your session. You need to make sure this cookie is added in each request you make. When you record a browser session, WAPT seems to do a decent job of doing this. But if you were making new requests, then you'll have to do some of the work yourself. I'm sure Angela can better help you with the details of how to do this.

Cheers,

Paul

Its Easy paul,

I have a JSP page which is calling the ajax code from that and in that there is a code for calling a JSP data page for that I gave the value in the "treat server response as valid it" the value </grid> which is written in my that data page but when I try to run that script its showing the errors for the session variable.

If I remove the given parameter values for that then its show working proper but I have doubt that its calculating the time proper or not thats why I gave the value in that parameter....

can you tell me exactly what should I have to write over there?

Thanx

Best Regards,

Baiju

Guest Paul Deen
Its Easy paul,

I have a JSP page which is calling the ajax code from that and in that there is a code for calling a JSP data page for that I gave the value in the "treat server response as valid it" the value </grid> which is written in my that data page but when I try to run that script its showing the errors for the session variable.

If I remove the given parameter values for that then its show working proper but I have doubt that its calculating the time proper or not thats why I gave the value in that parameter....

can you tell me exactly what should I have to write over there?

Thanx

Best Regards,

Baiju

I'm not aware of a HTML tag called <grid>? I suspect this tag is parsed by the JSP engine. I've never specifically worked with JSP, but certainly in ASP.NET there might be something like <asp:Table></asp:Table> in the markup. When the page is rendered, this becomes <table></table> in the output. I suspect that the </grid> text never makes it as far as WAPT. If I were you I would look for a chunk of text for that page rather than specifc markup. Maybe your grid has some column header text you can use?