WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert

ASP.Net 3.5 Ajax and Redirect

Guest Robert

I have created a web site using IIS 6, ASP.Net 3.5, and AJAX update panels. I am using WAPT 6.0 built on Sep 9 2009. I have recorded a test scenario which logs in a user, searches for a record, and selects a record from a grid. This redirects the user to a page that displays a form, where the user can update the record and submit changes to the database. After the record is updated, I redisplay the record. Then I logout the user.

I am able to authenticate 20 users using ASP.Net Forms Authentication. I am able to select a different record for each user. However, when the record is selected I redirect to the same page instead of posting back. This redisplays the page with the appropriate menus and a form where the user can update the record. My log indicates that a "pageRedirect" has occurred. But it doesn't contains the contents of the page to which the user is redirected.

The following snippet from the log illustrates my comment.

<% 10:45:46 Response(200) %>

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:45:46 GMT

Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727

Cache-Control: no-cache

Pragma: no-cache

Expires: -1

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Content-Length: 43

<% 10:45:46 Content %>

25|pageRedirect||/Proto1/Site/Default.aspx|

<% 10:45:46 Stopping %>

**** Where is the content??? ****

So I am unable to create variables with the values in __VIEWSTATE and __EVENTVALIDATION from hidden form variables in the redirected page. I am not sure why I don't see the contents of the page after the redirect occurs. I suspect that this is causing the remainder of my scenario to misbehave. For example, I don't see the input form in the returned results.

I will upload my log (as a zip file) so you can see what is happening. I have 9 pages. Most of them postback to Default.aspx. Authentication uses Login.aspx.

Any idea why pageRedirect occurs? How can I solve this issue?

0_000_0.zip

Guest Robert

I have a solution to this problem. I don't know why the pageRedirect doesn't actually retrieve the page contents.

So I duplicated another request to the same page and moved it into the location where the page redirect is indicated in the log file. Now I am able to create the appropriate variables to feed to the next page (__VIEWSTATE and __EVENTVALIDATION) and complete the test.

Regards.