WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Limited02

Need help with 25 users

Guest Limited02

I just started using WAPT(7.5) last week so it's fairly new to me. With that said, I will have A LOT of questions coming soon :D

My requirements are: Test 25 users hitting search within 2 seconds of each other and then allowing 10 seconds before next screen load for details. Run for an hour.

Current setup is as follows:

- Run time: 1 hour

- Ramp-up load: From 1 to 25 users with step 1 every 2 seconds

- Wait 10 seconds for javescript execution after receiving page content

Does how I have it setup sound correct for what I am required to do?

Thanks!!!

Each virtual user executes sessions one by one. As soon as it completes a session, it starts the next one, and so on until the test is finished. So, each virtual user emulates several successive real users and can execute corresponding number of sessions during the test. At any moment the number of active concurrent sessions is equal to the number of virtual users. The more users you add, the greater load will be created against the web site. So, if you use the “ramp-up” option, in the beginning of the test you have small number of users, but it can grow throughout the test. Comparing performance characteristics (such as response time) for different test phases you can check if they degrade with higher load.

Guest Limited02

Is it possible for me to increase the numbers of users to click on a link after doing a search?

For example: 10 users will do a search and after the results load, 250 users will select a link to go to that page. It will then repeat with 10 users doing a new search and then 250 clicking on a link on the results page again. Test needs to run for one hour.

The only way I can figure to make it work is to set the test to a "Periodic Load" and "time it" just right. The issue is that the timing could be off at times and the test will be inconsistent.

Guest Limited02

Thank you for your response. I was able to find our max number of users that could do search at one time before timing out our servers.