WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SherylJ

Which Product Should I Use?

Guest SherylJ

I am using the trial version of WAPT (not Pro), and a colleague is testing out the Pro version. I'm not sure which would be best for what I need. I just want to test the load on a web site that is on a single server. My colleague seems to think we need Pro but from what I have read, all Pro does is allow you to set the program up on a Server and allow two concurrent users (clients) to use the software? Or allows you to test two different web sites at once? Is this correct?

WAPT Pro includes all the functionality of WAPT and adds several features on top of that. The main difference is that WAPT Pro can use several systems for load generation. This means that you can create almost unlimited load suitable for testing of high performance servers. You can also control test execution remotely.

Also, Pro version can use JavaScript code to process the responses of your web site and calculate the parameters of subsequent requests. This is important if you need to test a web application with a relatively complex client component. Finally, in addition to the regular test statistics WAPT Pro can collect performance data directly from the tested server (CPU, RAM, network and database performance).

You can read more about the Pro benefits here: http://www.loadtestingtool.com/pro.shtml

Standard WAPT Pro license allows you to install the workplace component on a single system and use up to 2 systems for load generation. If you want to extend it with more agents, you can purchase additional agent licenses.

Pro version is also compatible with the x64 Load Engine, which can create very high test load of 10,000+ virtual users.