Large number of Network errors (10051) during Ramp-up test

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Noregon_*

Guest_Noregon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

I have created a test scenario with several profiles. When I run a test on any given profile, I get numerous Network Errors during the test for the first page request. All of them report as [Network error: 10051 - "A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network."]. The errors start occurring when the user load is increased, but doesn't occur for every user. The first error generally occurs for User3 when load first increases from 2 to 4; they continue to occur for other non-specific users that are created as the ramp-up continues. To test the connection, I created a BAT file that loops a WGET command continuously to the same server and ran it concurrently in 4 separate processes (DOS command shell windows); all returned success, but occasionally would pause a second or two waiting to resolve the DNS name or get the server response. I am attaching the user profile as well as the logs (for 1st & 3rd user).
Thanks for your help.

Client/Load Machine Specifics:
Windows 7, 64-bit, w/ SP1
i5 CPU 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM
WAPT Pro 2.5, build 5/18/12 w/ ASP.NET module

Webserver Details:
Server running at remote location that we are contracting to
I had IT check router/firewall and they say the requests are not being blocked (they say the requests are logged as potential w/ warning, but not blocked)
IT checked server performance and says server doesn't appear to be at critical load
WAPT SNMP counters indicate server performance criteria is OK.

Scenario/Profile Details:
Ramp-Up from 2 to 10, w/ step 2 every 12secs for a run-time of 01:00
For this test, I only selected to run 1 profile
I've tried increasing user-think time for the first request from (0 to 1) to (5-10); less sessions (expected), but still get network errors
I've tried setting "Server response valid if response time is less than" to 5000 and 10000 (5sec & 10sec); no affect
I've tried changing the "Wait seconds after session failure" from 1 to 5secs; less failed sessions (expected, but still get network errors
I've turned on and off the "Keep alive server connection" with no affect

Attached Files

#2 Sergei Leonov

Sergei Leonov

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

It looks like a problem with your network.
Do you use IP spoofing?
Sergei Leonov
WAPT Project Manager
SoftLogica LLC

Office: +7-383-335-6692
Toll-free: 1-888-364-6797 (for US only)
Time zone GMT +6, EST +11
E-mail: support@loadtestingtool.com
http://www.loadtestingtool.com

#3 Guest_Noregon_*

Guest_Noregon_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Sergei, thank you for your response.

We did have IP spoofing turned on in the Load Agent. I turned it off and now everything works; there are no network errors.
So why would having IP spoofing turned on cause network errors?

Thanks for your help!
Jimmy

#4 Sergei Leonov

Sergei Leonov

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

There is something wrong with your IP spoofing settings. How to setup IP spoofing you can know from our instruction http://www.loadtesti...-setup-ip.shtml
Sergei Leonov
WAPT Project Manager
SoftLogica LLC

Office: +7-383-335-6692
Toll-free: 1-888-364-6797 (for US only)
Time zone GMT +6, EST +11
E-mail: support@loadtestingtool.com
http://www.loadtestingtool.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users