WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Noregon

Testing Website with integrated Google maps

Guest Noregon

I want to use WAPT Pro 2.5 to test a website that has integrated Google maps. The site allows user entry/queries on data contained in a database that works in conjunction with the website. Based upon the request, the server will request a map from Google and display the appropriate area/map and then use the data from the database to overlay its own information on the same map. How can I use WAPT to test this functionality, such that database queries are made and appropriate map overlay data is pulled/displayed without having Google ban the server's IP because of it looking like a DDoS/DoS attack?

Thanks.

Jimmy

The problem isn't related to the load testing. Real users will produce the same requests. It's a subject of your agreement with Google.

Guest Noregon

Sorry, perhaps I should have been a little clearer on the testing and this particular piece's purpose. I need to do a performance test of the webserver and all the content it serves and functionality provided. Part of this content uses googleapis to request/display maps/map data and places other objects on the map after querying a database. I need to create a WAPT profile that will access these content/ASP pages so that this part of the webserver is stress/performance tested.

Who actually does send request to Google: client's web browser or your server? Could you give me a link to your site or an example of profile?

Guest Noregon

The client's browser sends the request to google as a result of embedded javascript code in the server's response.

The primary website is: http://smarttravelerplus.tms-online.com/

If you click on the Real-Time Map/Schedule button, it opens another browser window and displays the google maps and other information. This is where the javascript code directs the client browser to make the google/googleapis/gstatic requests.

Thanks for your help.

The client's browser sends the request to google as a result of embedded javascript code in the server's response.

The primary website is: http://smarttravelerplus.tms-online.com/

If you click on the Real-Time Map/Schedule button, it opens another browser window and displays the google maps and other information. This is where the javascript code directs the client browser to make the google/googleapis/gstatic requests.

Thanks for your help.

To avoid a ban from Google you can use many Load Agents with IP spoofing. You need to send requests from many as possible different IPs. Also you can add X-Forwarded-For header to default HTTP headers. To reduce a number of requests to Google you can exclude some requests from test.

Guest Noregon

Thanks for your help! The support we've received from the WAPT team has been amazing!