WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

How to wait for text to be returned before continuing

Guest christian

I have a website that is in its initial stages of load testing. My test is as follows: I enter the username/password, click Login. A page loads that contains a summary of the user's accounts and account balances. I then click Logoff.

However, I want to wait until the "accounts" page is completely loaded prior to clicking Logoff (during previous runs of the test, we were getting results that were too fast, and it was determined that the Logoff button was getting selected before the "accounts" page completely loaded).

I have used Watir/Ruby, and have had fairly good results using its "wait until" functionality - where my script does not execute the next item until some bit of unique text on the page is detected. I'm fairly certain that I can setup the "accounts" page so that there will be unique text returned. Is there a similar way to do this in WAPT?

I've checked through the Response Body tabs on my various pages loaded in my test's Profile - specifically, the "Server response valid if response body Contains the following text" option - it looked promising - but that doesn't seem to guarantee that the following pages will not load until the text is returned - does it?

Thank you.

WAPT performs the next request only after the previous request was completely received. Usually if you get a response very quick it is an error. So check the WAPT logs for errors. Also in the logs you can see what exactly was received from server.

Guest christian

My developers are telling me to post that this process has a asynchronous page loading, with a couple of AJAX calls. However, I am getting errors in the logs, on a couple of GET .ashx items (the HTTP Response is showing HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request).

However, I am getting errors in the logs, on a couple of GET .ashx items (the HTTP Response is showing HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request).

It means that you need to parameterize your requests properly.