WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hiten Dhruv

What should be the machine configuration to test 10000 VUs?

Guest Hiten Dhruv

What should be the standard machine/hardware confugaration to test 10,000 virtual users on WAPT/WSOP?

Please reply for this.. its urgent for me. you can reply on hitencool@gmail.com

Thanks..

Guest angela
What should be the standard machine/hardware confugaration to test 10,000 virtual users on WAPT/WSOP?

Please reply for this.. its urgent for me. you can reply on hitencool@gmail.com

Thanks..

Hi,

The maximum number of supported virtual users depends on 1) your hardware; 2) your scenario. So it is hard to define the required configuration without knowledge of your scenario. In general, you will need to have a very powerful processor and a lot of memory (2-3 Gb), and your profile should be simple enough.

However, you can purchase several licenses of WAPT, run them simultaneously on different machines and then merge the results (manually).

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Thanks for info.. but can you please give specific reply of my que. (I need standard configuration details)

Guest angela
Thanks for info.. but can you please give specific reply of my que. (I need standard configuration details)

Here are standard Hardware and Software Requirements:

Computer/Processor: Personal computer with Pentium® 200 MHz or higher processor.

Operation System: Microsoft® Windows 2000/XP/2003 or Windows 98/Me.

Internet Browser: Microsoft® Internet Explorer 4.0 or higher (5.5 recommended).

Memory: Minimum 64 MB of RAM (256-512 MB recommended).

Disk Space: About 5 MB of free disc space for program files and 50-500 MB of free disc space for virtual users' logs and test run results.

An estimated number of simultaneously acting virtual users emulated by WAPT for the following standard hardware configuration: Intel Pentium IV 2.4 GHz PC, 512MB RAM should stand at about 2000.

Note that you should use Windows 2000/XP/2003 operation system. For Windows 98/Me you are limited to 100 virtual users because of restriction on amount of sockets.

The number of emulated users depends most of all on the typical time between requests for the tested system. If response time is very short, the number of simulated users should be less than 1000. If response time or time between requests is rather long, the number of users can be more. Actually, you will be able to emulate up to 2000 simultaneously acting users.

Also note that each virtual user consumes RAM (Random-Access Memory), so it cannot be less than the maximum size of response. Additionally RAM is used for test run results. If the size of maximum response is about 100KB and each virtual user consumes 100KB for test results, then you will need about 200MB of RAM to simulate 1000 virtual users. To know the amount of available memory on your computer, see Windows Task Manager -> Performance -> Physical Memory -> Available.

Additional information regarding hardware bottlenecks:

Network bandwidth

Note that even 500 "quick" virtual users could reach 100Mb network bandwidth limit.

Processor

If you simulate "quick" and/or "complicated" virtual users, then your processor should meet high requirements.

Thus, if you have a "standard" configuration, as described above, you can purchase 5 licenses of WAPT.

You will be able to generate 10000 users from 5 machines and then to merge the results from 5 machines manually.

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Hi Angela,

Great!! Thank you for your quick and desired reply :rolleyes: Now this is the exact information which i was looking for from your side..

Guest lava

WAPT allows up to 9999 first with Licensed download!!! :rolleyes:

We could test in 3 Mbps link with 8 GB RAM machine from HP and dell. Thanks Wapt.