WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oidsman

Socket error when verifying test

Guest oidsman

I have been using WAPT with no problems in my office situation behind a proxy etc. I want to repeat my tests from home to test perofrmance. The app is available publically with no problems. I have recorded the test from home (i.e. access to the site is fine) but when I verify the test I get the following error:-

"Failue: Socket Error 10060 Aconnection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond..."

I originally thought it was using proxy settings but I unticked this from the 'Settings screen' but I get the same error. The fact I can re cord properly indicates that the connection is actually OK.

Any help appreciated!

Guest angela
I have been using WAPT with no problems in my office situation behind a proxy etc. I want to repeat my tests from home to test perofrmance. The app is available publically with no problems. I have recorded the test from home (i.e. access to the site is fine) but when I verify the test I get the following error:-

"Failue: Socket Error 10060 Aconnection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond..."

I originally thought it was using proxy settings but I unticked this from the 'Settings screen' but I get the same error. The fact I can re cord properly indicates that the connection is actually OK.

Any help appreciated!

Hello oidsman,

Regarding FAILURE: Socket error: 10060.

In general, such NET Errors relate to sockets/timeouts, so there are no standard recommendations on how to fix them. In order to resolve this issue, please try the following:

1) to configure your firewall properly (in case you are behind the firewall) in order to enable correct work of sockets;

2) to change your timeout (user think time) value set in WAPT. Try to increase user think time, it may have a positive effect, since little think time can result in various socket errors.

Guest TECHNOX

Hi,

I am using WAPT for evaluation purpose. I did recorded the test and now verifying/testing the performance of the Web Application. I am getting the Network Error:

FAILURE: Socket error: 10060 - "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

After reading the this thread, I have unchecked the Proxy Settings, so now no longer Using Proxy settings to perform the test. But it still resulted in above error.

Then, I increased the User think time from: 0 seconds to 70 seconds, but still no success.

Could you please suggest the work around for this.

Thank you in appreciation.

Tech

Guest angela
Hi,

I am using WAPT for evaluation purpose. I did recorded the test and now verifying/testing the performance of the Web Application. I am getting the Network Error:

FAILURE: Socket error: 10060 - "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

After reading the this thread, I have unchecked the Proxy Settings, so now no longer Using Proxy settings to perform the test. But it still resulted in above error.

Then, I increased the User think time from: 0 seconds to 70 seconds, but still no success.

Could you please suggest the work around for this.

Thank you in appreciation.

Tech

Hi Tech,

Please try to disable Keep Alive option in WAPT and send to us Full and Error logs if the problem remains.

Also, please let me know what is your webserver and what Keep Alive is set.

Guest TECHNOX
Hi Tech,

Please try to disable Keep Alive option in WAPT and send to us Full and Error logs if the problem remains.

Thank you Angela for your prompt reply.

I again tried to simulate the problem using Yahoo User Login. The problem still persist.

The Error log is as below:

<% 10:32:35 Header %>

Scenario:

Profile: UserLogin.wpp

Profile name: UserLogin

<% 10:32:35 Session(1) %>

<% 10:32:35 Main %>

<% 10:32:35 Page[page_1: http://mail.yahoo.com/](1) %>

<% 10:32:35 Connect %>

Connecting to remote host: mail.yahoo.com:80...

<% 10:32:56 Failure %>

Further, I am attaching the screen dumps, the error log and .wps file for the Test I have done.

I am surprised with this Network Error. Either, it should come when I was recording the actions for User Login, but it didn't. My concern is, why its coming, when its verifying or running the test!!!

Should you require anything else, please let me know. The test is critical for us and your cooperation will be highly appreciable.

Thank you,

Tech

WAPTv1.zip

Guest TECHNOX
Hi Tech,

The Web Server is IIS v5.1

Tech

Guest angela
The Web Server is IIS v5.1

Tech

Hi Tech,

The socket error occured because you tried to test mail.yahoo.com

It was taken by yahoo.com as DOS-attack and you were banned.