WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JAF

Functionality Testing

Guest JAF

We've been using WAPT for a little while to performance test our web application. This is of course the main purpose of using WAPT - it's even implied in the abbreviation (Web Application Performance Testing).

However, now that we have the WAPT Pro license, we were wondering if it was perhaps possible to use WAPT as sort of a semi-automated test tool. We have more than 20 web sites. Each web site has a number of web pages. Every week we have an employee run through the sites to make sure every page is working properly. It involves a lot of map data, as well as zooming, panning and clicking on the map.

Is it possible for WAPT to assist in this task? So far, all I've noticed in this area is the "Verify Test" button that runs through the pages in the test to make sure they can be found. Can WAPT provide a more extensive test to reveal whether or not pages are found - and perhaps even perform some basic tasks on the pages? The important part here is of course not the performance of the pages, but whether or not they actually work as intended.

Thanks in advance.

Guest angela
We've been using WAPT for a little while to performance test our web application. This is of course the main purpose of using WAPT - it's even implied in the abbreviation (Web Application Performance Testing).

However, now that we have the WAPT Pro license, we were wondering if it was perhaps possible to use WAPT as sort of a semi-automated test tool. We have more than 20 web sites. Each web site has a number of web pages. Every week we have an employee run through the sites to make sure every page is working properly. It involves a lot of map data, as well as zooming, panning and clicking on the map.

Is it possible for WAPT to assist in this task? So far, all I've noticed in this area is the "Verify Test" button that runs through the pages in the test to make sure they can be found. Can WAPT provide a more extensive test to reveal whether or not pages are found - and perhaps even perform some basic tasks on the pages? The important part here is of course not the performance of the pages, but whether or not they actually work as intended.

Thanks in advance.

It seems that you need to try WSOP product: the required functionality is closer to its one: http://www.web-site-test.com/

Guest JAF

Okay, thanks. I did actually look into that program earlier, but my department has shut the money bin for new products until further notice. That means, I need to work with what we already have - and in this case it's WAPT Pro.

So is there any way in which WAPT Pro can be used to test various web sites to see if the web pages load as expected?

So far to me the only obvious thing is to record a series of steps, and then click the "Verify Test" button, to see if all the pages can be found. Is there another way to more extensively test the functionality and "presence" of web pages, or is that it?

Thanks again, and looking forward to a response.