WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest deepak

Using Search function in variable returns Blank

Guest deepak

Hi All,

Please help me .

I am using function search to find a parameter value from the HTML code of current page. But it returns me blank when i use it on other pages following it.

All other functions like static text, random number etc works fine.

But all functions related to HTML parsing return blank values.

Regards,

Deepak

Guest angela
Hi All,

Please help me .

I am using function search to find a parameter value from the HTML code of current page. But it returns me blank when i use it on other pages following it.

All other functions like static text, random number etc works fine.

But all functions related to HTML parsing return blank values.

Regards,

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

The function performs search on the next pages according to search criteria. Possibly the parameter you are searching for just cannot be found, and that's why you get nothing.

Please check if in the code of the corresponding pages there is the required parameter. If yes, how it uses the obtained value.

Guest deepak
Hi Deepak,

The function performs search on the next pages according to search criteria. Possibly the parameter you are searching for just cannot be found, and that's why you get nothing.

Please check if in the code of the corresponding pages there is the required parameter. If yes, how it uses the obtained value.

Thanks for replying

I have defined a parameter in Settings option name Param with a left anf right boundary.

/include/chart.jsp?chartName=CellarRegionBreakdownPieChart&cellarId=$Var(Param1)

Here, Param1 is defined and replaced by WAPT only in the urls while recording. Originally, 997 was in its place.

But running it , it does not fetch this value it shows blank in the logs in Post request.

I am not able to sort out this problem.

Guest angela
Thanks for replying

I have defined a parameter in Settings option name Param with a left anf right boundary.

/include/chart.jsp?chartName=CellarRegionBreakdownPieChart&cellarId=$Var(Param1)

Here, Param1 is defined and replaced by WAPT only in the urls while recording. Originally, 997 was in its place.

But running it , it does not fetch this value it shows blank in the logs in Post request.

I am not able to sort out this problem.

Hi Deepak

Param1 in settings is a sample parameter name, and actually the found values will appear in the list of available variables (Variables) at the request page with the names Param11, Param12 etc.

You can use the value of the variable only in the next request, right after the request where this value was found. If you use this variable in the same request, the value will be blank.

Possibly the problem due to this, and possibly due to a wrong variable name.

Guest deepak
Hi Deepak

Param1 in settings is a sample parameter name, and actually the found values will appear in the list of available variables (Variables) at the request page with the names Param11, Param12 etc.

You can use the value of the variable only in the next request, right after the request where this value was found. If you use this variable in the same request, the value will be blank.

Possibly the problem due to this, and possibly due to a wrong variable name.

Hi Angela,

Thanks for replying again.

The problem was that in User Agent WAPT 5.0 was selected.

I selected IE 6.0 instead of that and everything worked fine.

Browser view was also not coming coz of this.

We are very happy with the product and hope to buy it after client approval.

I think this should be kept upfront in profile settings.

One little thing here also, can we deal with dynamic parameter names also like vintgae2667463.

It would be gud if regular expression could be used in next version for such problems.

Thanks and regards,

Deepak