WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Deen

Extensibility

Guest Paul Deen

There are some behaviours I would like to be able to extend, for example formulas. I would be ideal if you could provide interfaces that developers could extend. This would allow us to tune and use your product for more advanced test cases.

Ideally, you would host the .NET CLR and let me add them in C#!

Guest Paul Deen

I know you guys haven't answered this yet, so you've probably discounted it as a rubbish idea :) Even so, the more I'm familiarising myself with WAPT, the more I realise that something like this is needed.

For example:

When using an ASP.NET AJAX update panel, the viewstate of the partial pages aren't given in hidden input fields on the form like a traditional postback, the result is appended to the response and pipe delimited. This means the viewstate in WAPT isn't updated, so the potential for using WAPT to test ASP.NET AJAX applications that use the update panel is limited.

If I could write my own function which took the response stream as an input, parsed it myself, and returned the result to a variable. It would make it a lot more flexible, while still being very simple for non-technical users.

Guest angela
I know you guys haven't answered this yet, so you've probably discounted it as a rubbish idea :)

Hi,

You are wrong here :) We are just discussing the implementation of a similar possibility, and somethink like this will be implemented in our next version. So thank you for your suggestion!

Guest baiju
Hi,

You are wrong here :) We are just discussing the implementation of a similar possibility, and somethink like this will be implemented in our next version. So thank you for your suggestion!

Hi,

So can you tell me how can I record the script for the ajax pages called from the jsp pages.

Guest Paul Deen
Hi,

So can you tell me how can I record the script for the ajax pages called from the jsp pages.

Well, it should just record for you as you move through the site. I've had problems with encoding, which unfortunately there is no good answer for right now. What is the problem you're having with it?