WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest iggy

Basic Authentication versus Integrated Windows Authentication

Guest iggy

I've done a search through these forums and didn't run across an obvious answer to what I'm seeing. Specifically, I've created a very basic script that logs into our web application and submits an incident ticket.

When I use the Integrated Authentication (and yes, the credentials are valid :blink: ) I see an HTTP error rate running between 10% and 35%. In looking at the HTTP reply codes from the Errors Report in the LeftNav, they are all 401 Access denied error messages from the root URI for the app.

When I use Basic Authentication, there are no errors to speak of.

Has anyone else seen this? Might it be timing related?

Thanks in advance for thoughtful responses! B)

Guest angela
I've done a search through these forums and didn't run across an obvious answer to what I'm seeing. Specifically, I've created a very basic script that logs into our web application and submits an incident ticket.

When I use the Integrated Authentication (and yes, the credentials are valid :blink: ) I see an HTTP error rate running between 10% and 35%. In looking at the HTTP reply codes from the Errors Report in the LeftNav, they are all 401 Access denied error messages from the root URI for the app.

When I use Basic Authentication, there are no errors to speak of.

Has anyone else seen this? Might it be timing related?

Thanks in advance for thoughtful responses! B)

Hi,

Most probably, the problem is connected with access. The user which you use for NTLM authorization should have access rights for the folder where your application is located. You can check or set the rights in the Security tab.

Guest iggy
Hi,

Most probably, the problem is connected with access. The user which you use for NTLM authorization should have access rights for the folder where your application is located. You can check or set the rights in the Security tab.

Angela --

Thanks for the quick reply! ;) I'll make the updates and post my results in a little bit (in the meantime, the tool uncovered a few things we need to address.

BTW -- I wanted to give you guys some feedback: THANK YOU for making such an easy to use and powerful tool! The market is flooded with applications that are overpriced with steep learning curves. Your team has definitely filled a much needed gap for SQA shops that are looking to deploy a solution that makes life easier and gets the job. To say that I'm impressed would be a huge understatement!

:D

Guest iggy
Thank you very much for such a great feedback! :)

My pleasure. BTW -- your suggestion was spot on... it was pilot error here. :blink: Authentication is working perfectly... :lol: