WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest galen

Help, some important questions!

Guest galen

Hi WAPT,

I have some theoretical questions about WAPT, hope that some technicians can help me answer that.

1. Concerning the website session issue, in the recording after accessing to a website and sending certain request, the remote server will remember the client and save it as a session. Therefore during the test running, the same url is sent and every time the request will be accepted as the previous session and treat it as correct. However it should not be treated like that, what is the mechanism behind to handle this problem by WAPT?

2. In WAPT, how to define as an error, by comparing the returning HTTP reply code only? Is it a way to check for the whole content of the pages and treat it as an error if the content in the test is not the same as that in the recording process?

3. Is there any way to provide the deviation value and mode value about the response time and page load duration in the report? Though average value is important, but deviation and mode value can be equally useful to find out what the most user will be faced in the real situation.

Looking forward to your reply ASAP. thank you very much.

Guest angela
Hi WAPT,

I have some theoretical questions about WAPT, hope that some technicians can help me answer that.

1. Concerning the website session issue, in the recording after accessing to a website and sending certain request, the remote server will remember the client and save it as a session. Therefore during the test running, the same url is sent and every time the request will be accepted as the previous session and treat it as correct. However it should not be treated like that, what is the mechanism behind to handle this problem by WAPT?

2. In WAPT, how to define as an error, by comparing the returning HTTP reply code only? Is it a way to check for the whole content of the pages and treat it as an error if the content in the test is not the same as that in the recording process?

3. Is there any way to provide the deviation value and mode value about the response time and page load duration in the report? Though average value is important, but deviation and mode value can be equally useful to find out what the most user will be faced in the real situation.

Looking forward to your reply ASAP. thank you very much.

1. Correct parameterization is required. If a session variable is stored in the hidden field of a form, WAPT can recognize this automatically and uses the function $Hidden. If a session variable is expressed via a parameter, you can use the function $UrlParam. For other cases you can use the function $Search.

2. In the request settings you can find the possibility to set the conditions for checking validity of server response.

3. Avg90 is calculated on the basis of deviation (search this forum for more info on Avg90), so it can be considered as deviation.

Guest galen
1. Correct parameterization is required. If a session variable is stored in the hidden field of a form, WAPT can recognize this automatically and uses the function $Hidden. If a session variable is expressed via a parameter, you can use the function $UrlParam. For other cases you can use the function $Search.

2. In the request settings you can find the possibility to set the conditions for checking validity of server response.

3. Avg90 is calculated on the basis of deviation (search this forum for more info on Avg90), so it can be considered as deviation.

for the 1st reply, for example, if every time a new session id is returned, the WAPT will remember the session id. But since I have configure the parameterization of the session id before test running, for every virtual user created I will receive a new session id and no error will occur, am I right?

for the 2nd reply, checking validity of server response still does not stand for comparing the page content during the recording with that during the test running right? Is there any way to check that, since this will be an significant error if the page content from the two situations are not matched at all.

And thanks for previous reply and I get lots of useful information about my doubts.

Guest galen
for the 1st reply, for example, if every time a new session id is returned, the WAPT will remember the session id. But since I have configure the parameterization of the session id before test running, for every virtual user created I will receive a new session id and no error will occur, am I right?

for the 2nd reply, checking validity of server response still does not stand for comparing the page content during the recording with that during the test running right? Is there any way to check that, since this will be an significant error if the page content from the two situations are not matched at all.

And thanks for previous reply and I get lots of useful information about my doubts.

hi, i am still looking forward to your kind reply, is there some one being able to help me with these? thx in advance!