WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Giles Thurston

Unique user logins

Guest Giles Thurston

Hi,

I am currently evaluating WAPT 5.0 against one of our web applications. The applications user licenses are concurrent, meaning that only one session can be logged in using a set of user credentials at any one time. This obviously causes a problem when re-running a test using WAPT. As the tests run and the users are ramped up, all existing user sessions within WAPT are automatically logged out of the application. This means that there is only ever one user running at any one time, not great for load testing.

We could obviously change our software to allow specific accounts to login multiple times, however is there anyway that I can tell WAPT to use a different login credentials for each test session without having to record a test for each login?

Any help would be appreciated as it looks like a great application

cheers

Giles

Guest angela

Hello Giles,

You can provide an individual login for each user with the function "Ordered list". The function returns the first element of the list (username in your case) for the first virtual user, the second element for the second user, etc.

You can also use "User number" function ($clid(prefix,postfix)) for this purpose. This function returns the concatenation of prefix string, the ordinal number of the current virtual user and postfix string. So you can use it if usernames and passwords have uniform structure like TestUser1, TestUser2 and so on.

You can add login page to Initial test sequence to set WAPT perform this operation once at the beginning of the test (Main test sequence is repeated several times equal to the number of iterations). Do not forget to remove login page from the Main test sequence.

Attached is an example.

Functions_VariablesUsageExample.rar

DifferentUsernames_PasswordSample.zip

Guest Tim

Hi,

Is there anyway of loading lots of users ?

the ordered list seems fine for a small number but I need to test 100 plus concurrent users if not more.

I'm also confused by you saying to remove the login page from the main test sequence would I not need to leave it there

if I wanted to test the login process ?

And finally the variables usage example does not seem to load in the current version of your product.

Thanks Tim.

Guest angela
Hi,

Is there anyway of loading lots of users ?

the ordered list seems fine for a small number but I need to test 100 plus concurrent users if not more.

Hi Tim,

There should be no problems with any number of users. Please let me know what made you think so? If you experienced a problem, please describe your actions in more details, and send to us your profile, full and error logs.

I'm also confused by you saying to remove the login page from the main test sequence would I not need to leave it there

if I wanted to test the login process ?

You may need to do so in some cases, for instance, if you specified a number of iterations for profile entries, but login procedure is performed one time.

And finally the variables usage example does not seem to load in the current version of your product.

I checked, and it seems that it works with WAPT 5.0 without problems. Please let me know what exactly is wrong. Could you please provide a screenshot or something like this?

Guest Tim
checked, and it seems that it works with WAPT 5.0 without problems. Please let me know what exactly is wrong. Could you please provide a screenshot or something like this?

Attached is a screen shot, it may just be that I do not understand your program's user interface

as when I loaded in the other example with the ordered list not only did it load into a new profile

but it also overwrote the contents of the steps in the profile I was creating.

Am I right in thinking that each little bit has to be saved on its own ie saving the .wps file does not

save what appears to be in it. This is really very off topic now I would ask via support but as I'm only

evaluating the product and waiting 5 days for a reply seems a little steep and does not give much scope

for sorting me out, give that I only have 28 days left :-)

Thanks Tim

post-100-1211531696.jpg

Guest Valsey

I know this post is rather dated but I currently have the same questions about creating a test with multiple users that are only able to login once. I am also unable to open the Functions_VariablesUsageExample.rar. When trying to access the file I get the same error message that Tim receiving. I am able to open the profile example.

Thanks

Guest testing
I know this post is rather dated but I currently have the same questions about creating a test with multiple users that are only able to login once. I am also unable to open the Functions_VariablesUsageExample.rar. When trying to access the file I get the same error message that Tim receiving. I am able to open the profile example.

Thanks

I also have the same query. In fact can WAPT support to read a username/password text file to generate different test cases with different user profiles?

e.g. a text file "user.txt" with the following info delimited by comma:

user1, pass1

user2, pass2

user999, pass999

Thanks!