WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ladybugs

Setting Timeout values for Response and Socket Operations

Guest ladybugs

Greetings,

Some questions regarding the timeout settings when setting up for load testing.

1. Does the socket operations timeout value include creating a socket to send and receive?

2. If this is the case, I would expect that the socket value should be the same or greater than the response timeout value, correct, or no?

3. Is there a "standard" I should consider when setting these values? I don't want to leave a socket open longer than necessary if it will adversely impact the results.

4. Is my assumption correct that a response time should be set that is tied to a response requirement? For example, if I have a non functional requirement that states the response time should be 10 seconds, then I wouldn't want to set my response time in WAPT to 15 seconds, correct? I just want to ensure my understanding of the tool and how these values are used is correct.

5. If there is a response timeout, what error should I expect to see in my reports? Would the error output indicate the issue was with a response timeout, or would the error output indicate the issue was a socket timeout?

Any input from any of you would be appreciated. Thanks so much-----really like WAPT, btw.