WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacky Chau

FAILURE Socket Error 10054

Guest Jacky Chau

When I created the Capacity/Overall Performance scenario with the specified profiles to enable the performance testing to the web application, I've continuously received the socket error 10054 - "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".

Is there are any limitation related to the WAPT which unable to perform the a large amount of test against the same web application using different session?

Anyone has similar problem running the WAPT with the Capacity/Overall Performance scenario?

Guest angela

Hi,

There are no such limitations in WAPT. In the error message it is stated that the server closed connection, so the problem is related to your server. Most probably, it has limitations on the number of simultaneous connections. For instance, as far as I remember, Apache server allows 200 simultaneous connections.

Guest Jacky Chau
Hi,

There are no such limitations in WAPT. In the error message it is stated that the server closed connection, so the problem is related to your server. Most probably, it has limitations on the number of simultaneous connections. For instance, as far as I remember, Apache server allows 200 simultaneous connections.

Thanks for your response, but the server is running the Sun Java System Application Server instead of Apache server, so i don't think there are any limitations on the number of simultaneous connections is sets.

Sometime, i also having the problem of Internal Error 500 instead of the Socket Error 10054!

In addition, I also increased the timeout from 120 secs to 1000 secs too.

Do you have any suggestion of why this is happen?

Guest lava

Jackie/Angela, it is due to setting User Think time in WAPT Profile Name Properties. Disable that and let me know. It is beacuse User think time does not match in playing the recorded test which is much faster with available bandwidth. We record one and play another speed in setting User think time across recorded profile name. Pleas e"Disable" that.

I found this observation after trying for 1 year.

Thanks for your response, but the server is running the Sun Java System Application Server instead of Apache server, so i don't think there are any limitations on the number of simultaneous connections is sets.

Sometime, i also having the problem of Internal Error 500 instead of the Socket Error 10054!

In addition, I also increased the timeout from 120 secs to 1000 secs too.

Do you have any suggestion of why this is happen?

Guest Edd
Jackie/Angela, it is due to setting User Think time in WAPT Profile Name Properties. Disable that and let me know. It is beacuse User think time does not match in playing the recorded test which is much faster with available bandwidth. We record one and play another speed in setting User think time across recorded profile name. Pleas e"Disable" that.

I found this observation after trying for 1 year.

I'm getting this error as well when running a test against an aspx application. It loads fine in the recorder and from the browser on the system as well as other systems, but when I try to run a test or verify test I get this error on the first page. I've tried loading WAPT on 2 different boxes and get the same results from both machines.

I attached the log file.

I've disabled user think time, but it still is not working. Anything else I can try?

Error10054_0_000.txt

Guest angela
I'm getting this error as well when running a test against an aspx application. It loads fine in the recorder and from the browser on the system as well as other systems, but when I try to run a test or verify test I get this error on the first page. I've tried loading WAPT on 2 different boxes and get the same results from both machines.

I attached the log file.

I've disabled user think time, but it still is not working. Anything else I can try?

There can be a lot of reasons, but they are external for WAPT. It can firewalls, local or server one, that do not allow connecting. Please try to enter in the command line «telnet xxxxxxx.xxxx.com 80» and execute this command.

Guest Edd
There can be a lot of reasons, but they are external for WAPT. It can firewalls, local or server one, that do not allow connecting. Please try to enter in the command line «telnet xxxxxxx.xxxx.com 80» and execute this command.

Just as a follow up, there was a network problem where configured vLans on a switch were dropped and it was causing some very unusual routing to occur between networks. It was not bad enough to break the recording sessions, but as soon as the test cranked up the network issues reared it's head.