WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest WAPT_User

Test Scenario Assistance

Guest WAPT_User

Hello,

I am attempting to use WAPT to obtain Response Times from a web site, every 10 minutes, over a long period of time. Specifically, I would like to do the following actions every 10 minutes:

1. Navigate to a Web Page

2. Login

3. Execute some searches

4. Logout

My questions are as follows:

1. What is the best Testing Objective to use for this? Should I use "Real User Experience/Background Testing", "Performance Characteristics" or some other?

2. As I want to include the Login/Logout process in the testing I have put all of these actions in the MAIN section of the Test Sequence (and NOT in the Initial and Final sections). Is this correct?

I have tried configuring the test plan as follows:

Test Properties

==========

Iterations: 1

with Interval: 600

Test Volume

========

Run Time: 999:59:59

Fixed User Load: 1

However, this does not seem to perform as expected. I would expect that if this test ran for an hour, I would see 6 sessions (one session, every ten minutes). However, it appears as if the sessions are MUCH higher than that. Are sessions counted as one Iteration through the Test Sequence?

Please let me know if there are any questions about the environment.

Thanks in advance

WAPT_User

Guest angela
Hello,

I am attempting to use WAPT to obtain Response Times from a web site, every 10 minutes, over a long period of time. Specifically, I would like to do the following actions every 10 minutes:

1. Navigate to a Web Page

2. Login

3. Execute some searches

4. Logout

My questions are as follows:

1. What is the best Testing Objective to use for this? Should I use "Real User Experience/Background Testing", "Performance Characteristics" or some other?

2. As I want to include the Login/Logout process in the testing I have put all of these actions in the MAIN section of the Test Sequence (and NOT in the Initial and Final sections). Is this correct?

I have tried configuring the test plan as follows:

Test Properties

==========

Test Volume

========

Run Time: 999:59:59

Fixed User Load: 1

However, this does not seem to perform as expected. I would expect that if this test ran for an hour, I would see 6 sessions (one session, every ten minutes). However, it appears as if the sessions are MUCH higher than that. Are sessions counted as one Iteration through the Test Sequence?

Please let me know if there are any questions about the environment.

Thanks in advance

WAPT_User

Test Properties

==========

The error is due to the above settings. This interval is executed when WAPT comes to the next iteration, but you set only one iteration, so the iteration is not executed at all.

You need to select in the Profile the option User think time from the requests, and set the interval 600 in the last request.