Using the command line

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_WSOD_*

Guest_WSOD_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

I am trying to write a script that will run 1 page at a time, so we can test the performance of each individual page. I am currently do this by using different profiles (each with one page) inside the same scenario, and switching them out before each run. I like to use the same scenario, so I can easily manage the test volume. I would like to be able to do the same thing using the command line interface so I can automate the process. Is there a profile variable that can be used in the command line, or will I need to create unique scenarios for each test (I have between 50-100 pages.)

#2 Guest_angela_*

Guest_angela_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (WSOD @ Apr 10 2009, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying to write a script that will run 1 page at a time, so we can test the performance of each individual page. I am currently do this by using different profiles (each with one page) inside the same scenario, and switching them out before each run. I like to use the same scenario, so I can easily manage the test volume. I would like to be able to do the same thing using the command line interface so I can automate the process. Is there a profile variable that can be used in the command line, or will I need to create unique scenarios for each test (I have between 50-100 pages.)

It can be done only by changing the content of a Scenario file or a Profile. It also can be done by using command line, but you should be a real expert in order ot be able to do this smile.gif At least, our developers told that they could not do this smile.gif

#3 Guest_Aftehoof_*

Guest_Aftehoof_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Iam really confused with the concept of command line arguements . can anyone pl. help me

#4 Sergei Leonov

Sergei Leonov

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

I can help. What do you want to do?
Sergei Leonov
WAPT Project Manager
SoftLogica LLC

Office: +7-383-335-6692