WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobMac

POST form is enctype multipart/form-data

Guest RobMac

Hi,

I'm evaluating WAPT and having a couple of problems. Part of the website I'm testing uses forms that are enctype multipart/form-data... but I don't see how to configure this for a request. There's seems to be a "POST raw data" option... but there doesn't seem to be any docs on how this works (ie is it only static text? is there some sort of macro/variable substitution available).

Any help appreciated!

Rob

Guest angela
Hi,

I'm evaluating WAPT and having a couple of problems. Part of the website I'm testing uses forms that are enctype multipart/form-data... but I don't see how to configure this for a request. There's seems to be a "POST raw data" option... but there doesn't seem to be any docs on how this works (ie is it only static text? is there some sort of macro/variable substitution available).

Any help appreciated!

Rob

Hi,

Could you please provide an example of the forms related to multipart/form-data?

Also, it would be great if you could send to us the profile and specify what works not in the way it should.

You can send the information to support@loadtestingtool.com

Guest Lokesh
Hi,

Any help appreciated!

Rob

I am evaluating this tool... facing issues how to parametrize the "POST raw data" ... I am getting string like..

{'rows':'{"CRT_DT":"","IS_BLK":"","IS_DLT":"","LAST_UPD_DT":"","PIP_CODE":"0L7","PIP_DESC":"0L7","PIP_END_DT":"19/02/09 00:00","PIP_MNGR":"0L7","PIP_MST_CD":"","PIP_START_DT":"12/02/09 00:00","PIP_STUS":"A","PIP_TITLE":"0L7","HTT_PARTYReference":"","HTT_PARTY1Reference":"","HTT_PARTY2Reference":"","HTT_USERReference":"","HTT_REGIONReference":"-2147483626","HTT_USER1Reference":"","HTT_PROJECT_MST__EC":[]}'}

And "Parameter" option is blank..

so in this case if I could add up multiple rows like this some how my problem will be solved...also tools should pick them up accordingly...

I tried using "Parameter" option & assigning above row string to it ... also tried out "File" option... but in vain...

is there any way out OR this is the limitation of the tool.... Because in todays world most of the time you will get the data in string like form in the "POST raw data option" & NOT in the Parameter option...

Guest peace

I am evaluating WAPT too. The first impression is good. After I go deeper, I have more questions.

1. My application is developed with AJAX only using XMLHttpRequests Object. I recorded and run in WAPT. How can I find that the test capture any AJAX request in WAPT. I can not find How to Do It in WAPT documentation.

2. Angela, do you have a application developed in AJAX so you can show me in detail?

3. I would like to login the application with multi-Vuser. Do I have a easy way to do it so I can simulate many real users?

I need to get the answer soon so we make a decision of purchasing and using WAPT. Our performance testing is simple since our application is a company intranet website for employee to see company new and documents.

Thank you for help and response.

Peace

Guest angela
I am evaluating WAPT too. The first impression is good. After I go deeper, I have more questions.

1. My application is developed with AJAX only using XMLHttpRequests Object. I recorded and run in WAPT. How can I find that the test capture any AJAX request in WAPT. I can not find How to Do It in WAPT documentation.

2. Angela, do you have a application developed in AJAX so you can show me in detail?

3. I would like to login the application with multi-Vuser. Do I have a easy way to do it so I can simulate many real users?

I need to get the answer soon so we make a decision of purchasing and using WAPT. Our performance testing is simple since our application is a company intranet website for employee to see company new and documents.

Thank you for help and response.

Peace

AJAX generates standard HTTP requests than can be recorded in WAPT. WAPT itself does not recognize AJAX requests from non-AJAX ones. So only a developer of an application can define which requests are generated with AJAX javascript and which are resulted from a click on the page.

We can explain in detail using as a model your application.

3. Please see how to emulate multiple logins\passwords here: http://www.loadtestingtool.com/forum/index...53&hl=login