WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sandeep

Socket error | IS it ok to disable think time

Guest sandeep

I was running one test with a very low user set of 15, but I was getting Socket error, and other sort of errors which implies that my server was not accepting my connection, owing that when i try to find out the answer, i got a suggestion that i should disable the think time, which I did, and my test was success.

but my Question here is that is it ok to disable think time, i mean what is the impact of the same, why w have think time and on disabling it what exactly is the impact on out test result .

:rolleyes:

Guest angela
I was running one test with a very low user set of 15, but I was getting Socket error, and other sort of errors which implies that my server was not accepting my connection, owing that when i try to find out the answer, i got a suggestion that i should disable the think time, which I did, and my test was success.

but my Question here is that is it ok to disable think time, i mean what is the impact of the same, why w have think time and on disabling it what exactly is the impact on out test result .

:rolleyes:

In general, disabling of Think time increases the load, so it can result in growing number of errors.

Guest sandeep
In general, disabling of Think time increases the load, so it can result in growing number of errors.

So what is the right approach of testing and setting up the basic settings,

for ex, what should be the value of think time, how the user should be set, what is and how iteration should be selected or what is the best practice related to sessions.

I am looking for the best possible settings so as the result which is generated should be right