WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brad

Trying to understand how Wapt handles sessions

Guest Brad

Hi All,

So I have Wapt 7 running a load test. It seems to work great except that I end up with duplicate users. Here is how I have it setup.

1. I've got a profile set with an Initial Variable that is the username created from a sequence.

2. I reference that username in two places, one where it creates an account and then when it signs in with that newly created username.

3. I have the load set to ramp from 3 to 500 users every 10 minutes and to run for 3 hours and 20 minutes (takes it to 500 users for 10 minutes).

When I run the test, I always end up with 500 new users in the database, but I get thousands of errors in my system indicating that a duplicate username was attempted to be created.

What can I do differently to make wapt always run through the system with a newly created username variable. I should end up with thousands of new accounts if I do it right. I'm sure I'm just missing how to do this the "wapt" way.

Thanks in advance.

....Brad

Every time when a virtual user finished a session he starts new one. If you want to get a unique username for every session you can add to the username a value of WAPT built-in variable "Session_number".

For example, see the attached screenshot.

screenshot.png

Guest Brad

Thanks very much, I didn't know I could add more than one value to a parameter. This built me a unique username.

...Brad

Guest Andrew

Every time when a virtual user finished a session he starts new one.

Hello,

I'm new to WAPT and are in the process of getting my head the around the terminology and how it works.

Based on the above comment, I would like to confirm that if I have a profile ramped up to 100 virtual users, and I specify it to run for 2 hours, after a user has run through the profile it will start up a new session and run through the profile again ... and again ... until the 2 hours are complete, i.e., I will have 100 users continuously and simultaneously running through the profile for 2 hours even if it only takes 5 seconds for a user to run through the profile?

Thanks in advance.