WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest alec whittington

ASP.NET Postbacks

Guest alec whittington

First of all - I want to say you have a wonderful product. Out of the 5 or so we have tested, WAPT Pro was by far the easiest to get up and running with.

We currently have 4 applications we need to load and stress test, 2 are asp.net mvc and 2 are traditional asp.net. All 4 are targeting the asp.net 2.0 runtime. We currently have 3 of the 4 running in WAPT pro 2.1 without issue. The last one make heavy use of postbacks and viewstate. We cannot get the postbacks to work properly in our tests.

Here is our current setup:

ASP.NET 2.0 Web application

WAPT Pro 2.1 Trial

WAPT ASP.NET Module Trial

While recording, we do not encounter any errors. All goes as expected. When we try to verify the test, it fails on the first page to do a postback. The postback occurs when the value of a drop down changes, posting back to the server to generate some dynamic content. The error we get is "Validation of viewstate MAC failed" or "The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted." if we uncheck the "Encode" checkbox on the Post Parameters tab. We've tried not using the ASP.NET Module as well as using it. I've attached a screenshot of the Post Parameters page without the ASP.NET module installed and with the Encode unchecked for almost all parameters.

Due to the sensitive nature of our business and to maintain Hipaa compliance, I cannot post a log file or project file. Also, they would do no good anyway as the area in question is behind a single sign on and we cannot give access to it.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I've read other posts talking about Viewstate sometimes not being recorded properly and have tried to force it to use the hidden field for it. No dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alec

post-3159-1295901976.png

Guest alec whittington
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to understand reasons of problem without logs and profile.

I will see if I can get a sample application to mimic the issue. If it does, I'll post a log and .wpp file.