WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest zooser

Accessing local machine address from WAPT

Guest zooser

Hi,

I'm writing a script at the moment whereby I need to access the local machine that WAPT is running on using a session variable to access a path on that local machine.

i.e. I want to grab a token from a web page, then use that token to access a webpage stored locally on the machine where WAPT is running

Is this actually possible?

I'm not sure it is as it seems that you must supply WAPT a port number along with the Server & URI. I need it to use an address similar to localhost//dir1/dir2/blah.htm

TIA

Zooser

Guest angela
Hi,

I'm writing a script at the moment whereby I need to access the local machine that WAPT is running on using a session variable to access a path on that local machine.

i.e. I want to grab a token from a web page, then use that token to access a webpage stored locally on the machine where WAPT is running

Is this actually possible?

I'm not sure it is as it seems that you must supply WAPT a port number along with the Server & URI. I need it to use an address similar to localhost//dir1/dir2/blah.htm

TIA

Zooser

Hi,

Do you need to get some data from a web page (in particular, from its code) and use it to access a local page?

If we understood your requirements, you can try to find such data using a request to the web page where you can find the data, and then save it to a parameter using, for instance, Search function in WAPT. Then in the next request you can use the above parameter in the required place. Do you need to use it in a URI? If yes, you can create a URI using some WAPT variables. Please let me know.