WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrose

using a form

Guest mrose

Hi, I am currently testing with WAPT in order to see if it will do what my organization is looking for. It works great, except I have a portion of a webpage which uses a form with a drop down list, hit submit and then a report is run. This does not appear to take my clicks from selecting the reports, therefore, it does not test this piece. Is there a way to ensure it does this? thanks in advance!

-Matt

Guest angela
Hi, I am currently testing with WAPT in order to see if it will do what my organization is looking for. It works great, except I have a portion of a webpage which uses a form with a drop down list, hit submit and then a report is run. This does not appear to take my clicks from selecting the reports, therefore, it does not test this piece. Is there a way to ensure it does this? thanks in advance!

-Matt

Hi Matt,

We suggest recording such requests manually (just in case, you can send to us a link to this webpage, so that we can understand the case better).

Guest mrose
Hi Matt,

We suggest recording such requests manually (just in case, you can send to us a link to this webpage, so that we can understand the case better).

What do you mean by record it manually? Also, The webpage is internal only, so unfortunately I can't do that

thanks

Guest angela
What do you mean by record it manually? Also, The webpage is internal only, so unfortunately I can't do that

thanks

Hi,

You need to add the request (to the page where your list is located) to the corresponding place in your profile.

Then you should add a parameter which corresponds to this dropdown list and assign a value to it using a function (Static text or Ordered list (you can create a list with all values from the dropdown list)).

Then you should add a parameter for Submit. Possibly, there should be some other parameters which you can define with the help of a person who developed your application.

Since we cannot have a look at your application, this is just a guess what you should do in this case.

Guest mrose

i've attached screenshots...1st one is the drop down list

2nd is the text that also needs to be filled out, followed by hitting submit..

i can't seem to get this yet

post-219-1222880341.jpg

post-219-1222880347.jpg