WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mwetter

Response Times / Dynamic Content

Guest mwetter

Hi WAPT!

I have a question about the Avg Response Time in test results.

Do this times show the duration to the complete load of all content of this request or just to the load of the first element?

Another question is:

Is it possible to adjust WAPT in that way all content of the tested website is loaded dynamically without any variables?

I want to test a website showing the avatars of the newest users and that is content that changes often.

Thx, mwetter

Guest angela
Hi WAPT!

I have a question about the Avg Response Time in test results.

Do this times show the duration to the complete load of all content of this request or just to the load of the first element?

Another question is:

Is it possible to adjust WAPT in that way all content of the tested website is loaded dynamically without any variables?

I want to test a website showing the avatars of the newest users and that is content that changes often.

Thx, mwetter

Response time is the time from the first byte of page request sent till the last received byte of server response. In other words, it is the time from clicking a link or a button in browser till the moment a page is downloaded. WAPT measures 2 types of response time: without images and including images. See Summary Graphs to know values of average response time (for all profiles) and graphs for individual pages to know response time for specific pages.

As for the second question, please describe in more details the required actions of WAPT.

Guest mwetter
Response time is the time from the first byte of page request sent till the last received byte of server response. In other words, it is the time from clicking a link or a button in browser till the moment a page is downloaded. WAPT measures 2 types of response time: without images and including images. See Summary Graphs to know values of average response time (for all profiles) and graphs for individual pages to know response time for specific pages.

As for the second question, please describe in more details the required actions of WAPT.

Hi angela!

thx for the answer.

The second question means: I want to include in my tests all content, images too. But if I record the test, the images are stored in this form:

post-174-1219393232.jpg

But this content is changing every day, so I think, if I run a new test, WAPT doesn't load the new pictures instead of the stored ones.

What can I do, that WAPT uses the actual content?

Guest angela
Hi angela!

thx for the answer.

The second question means: I want to include in my tests all content, images too. But if I record the test, the images are stored in this form:

post-174-1219393232.jpg

But this content is changing every day, so I think, if I run a new test, WAPT doesn't load the new pictures instead of the stored ones.

What can I do, that WAPT uses the actual content?

Hi!

If the number of images remains the same, and if only links are changed, there is a workaround. You need to turn off the images in this request, and save all links to images to variables with the help of some appropriate function (for instance, $Search).

Then create manually the number of requests corresponding to the number of images, and in each request load the corresponding image from the corresponding variable.

Guest mwetter
Hi!

If the number of images remains the same, and if only links are changed, there is a workaround. You need to turn off the images in this request, and save all links to images to variables with the help of some appropriate function (for instance, $Search).

Then create manually the number of requests corresponding to the number of images, and in each request load the corresponding image from the corresponding variable.

thanks!! =) i'll try it

Guest mwetter

does it has the same result if i define the following in SETTINGS -> PARAMETERIZATION ?

left boundary    right boundary

/                      .jpg
/                      .jpeg
/                      .gif

Guest angela

The matter is that if you set the right boundaries the function Search should work fine.

But we can see that you specified "/" as the left boundary when searching images, and it is the reason of the problem: you need to specify the boundary more accurately, because the function Search will find the first slash in your code and write all content after the slash in the variable. But your code obviously contains many slashes, so the probability that the first one will be the right one is low. So if you state "/" as a boundary, the value of the variable will be inaccurate.

Guest mwetter
The matter is that if you set the right boundaries the function Search should work fine.

But we can see that you specified "/" as the left boundary when searching images, and it is the reason of the problem: you need to specify the boundary more accurately, because the function Search will find the first slash in your code and write all content after the slash in the variable. But your code obviously contains many slashes, so the probability that the first one will be the right one is low. So if you state "/" as a boundary, the value of the variable will be inaccurate.

if i defined this in settings -> param. , does WAPT handle all jpgs etc. dynamically?

or do i have to use the variables anywhere else to get the jpgs loaded in loadtests?

because if the parameterization is complete in this way, it should be unimportant if i use nearly the whole link to the content instead just "name.jpg".