WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GEOqik

$Search Response Body

Guest GEOqik

Hi to forum users,

I am new to WAPT, I have been experimenting with it on and off over the past month or so. I have been able to setup 'reader type' profiles on pages from our new product and it has proven invaluable already (even using only the 20 users with the demo - but have now purchased the full licence V7, so will really be pushing things along now).

I have come across a problem though when tring to setup profiles that emulate an 'editor type' user.

I have recorded a simple profile OK, but when I am in the process of edditing it to make it non-single user, I am running in to problems when trying to read the value from the 'Response Body'. The application is using lots of AJAX and javascript, but I dont think that is the problem...

The Response Body that I need to extract a value from contains ONLY the value, no other HTML or variable names etc (as shown in the attachment), and I need to get this value out into a variable and use it in subsequent pages. I have tried using the $UrlParam Forumla, but with no success, and also the $Hidden, and have tried the $Search (which I think is the only one that could work), but because there is no unquie text on either side of the value there is nothing that I can put into the 'Left Boundary' and 'Right Boundary' fields.

The Request is as follows:

POST /Issue/Create HTTP/1.1

x-requested-with: XMLHttpRequest

Accept-Language: en-au

Referer: http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:xx/

Accept: */*

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Host: xxx.xx.xx.xx:xx

Content-Length: 244

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Pragma: no-cache

Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=v3bdebxrlewnqa3xupp303da

IssueDate=23%2F09%2F2010&IssueTimeHour=12&IssueTimeMinute=50&StatusId=3&CategoryId=1&PriorityId=1&Description=blah+blah+blah&ItemRelationshipMarkerSecurityGroupId=1&ItemRelationshipMarkerIsVerified=false&ItemRelationshipMarkerIsRestricted=false

The Response Header is:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Cache-Control: private, s-maxage=0

Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Content-Encoding: gzip

Vary: Accept-Encoding

Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5

X-AspNetMvc-Version: 2.0

X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319

X-Powered-By: ASP.NET

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:58:02 GMT

Content-Length: 125