$Search Response Body

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_GEOqik_*

Guest_GEOqik_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:27 AM

Hi to forum users,

I am new to WAPT, I have been experimenting with it on and off over the past month or so. I have been able to setup 'reader type' profiles on pages from our new product and it has proven invaluable already (even using only the 20 users with the demo - but have now purchased the full licence V7, so will really be pushing things along now).

I have come across a problem though when tring to setup profiles that emulate an 'editor type' user.

I have recorded a simple profile OK, but when I am in the process of edditing it to make it non-single user, I am running in to problems when trying to read the value from the 'Response Body'. The application is using lots of AJAX and javascript, but I dont think that is the problem...

The Response Body that I need to extract a value from contains ONLY the value, no other HTML or variable names etc (as shown in the attachment), and I need to get this value out into a variable and use it in subsequent pages. I have tried using the $UrlParam Forumla, but with no success, and also the $Hidden, and have tried the $Search (which I think is the only one that could work), but because there is no unquie text on either side of the value there is nothing that I can put into the 'Left Boundary' and 'Right Boundary' fields.

The Request is as follows:

POST /Issue/Create HTTP/1.1
x-requested-with: XMLHttpRequest
Accept-Language: en-au
Referer: http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:xx/
Accept: */*
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Host: xxx.xx.xx.xx:xx
Content-Length: 244
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Pragma: no-cache
Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=v3bdebxrlewnqa3xupp303da

IssueDate=23%2F09%2F2010&IssueTimeHour=12&IssueTimeMinute=50&StatusId=3&CategoryId=1&PriorityId=1&Description=blah+blah+blah&ItemRelationshipMarkerSecurityGroupId=1&ItemRelationshipMarkerIsVerified=false&ItemRelationshipMarkerIsRestricted=false

The Response Header is:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: private, s-maxage=0
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Encoding: gzip
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-AspNetMvc-Version: 2.0
X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 02:58:02 GMT
Content-Length: 125

The Repsonse Body is:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files

#2 Sergei Leonov

Sergei Leonov

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:11 AM

In this case you can use Java Script operator, but it is available in WAPT Pro only.
Sergei Leonov
WAPT Project Manager
SoftLogica LLC

Office: +7-383-335-6692
Toll-free: 1-888-364-6797 (for US only)
Time zone GMT +6, EST +11
E-mail: support@loadtestingtool.com
http://www.loadtestingtool.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users