WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hiten Dhruv

How can i test with receiving 3000 emails with one user?

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Hi Angela,

I have one test scenario which needs to perform receiving email 3000 times. Now my question is, is it possible to get 3000 times with one email id? or i have to split 2-3 users/email id here?

Scenario

1. Login to the system

2. Select some values from combo and define email address to receive email

3. Click on 'Send Email' button, here system is sending email at defined id (Now here i have to check this operation for 3000 VUs)

I hope you understand my question!

Let me know if you need any further clarification, and give me your any of the messenger id like Skype,MSN for live communication.

Guest angela
Hi Angela,

I have one test scenario which needs to perform receiving email 3000 times. Now my question is, is it possible to get 3000 times with one email id? or i have to split 2-3 users/email id here?

Scenario

1. Login to the system

2. Select some values from combo and define email address to receive email

3. Click on 'Send Email' button, here system is sending email at defined id (Now here i have to check this operation for 3000 VUs)

I hope you understand my question!

Let me know if you need any further clarification, and give me your any of the messenger id like Skype,MSN for live communication.

Do you mean e-mail address when you say E-mail id?

If so, you can send several e-mail messages to 1 e-maill address.

You need to record a scenario and set 3000 users.

Then you will need to adjust the scenario manually, since each time when logging in there should be a new Session ID.

You will need to record a value (using, for instance, Parameter from URL function) into a variable and then to use this variable in all cases when Session ID is used.

If you tried this and failed, please send to us your profile.

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your reply regarding test scenario 'sending multiple email message to 1 email address'

We have worked on your suggestion and tried to create manual script/scenario by editing parameters to create new session id each time; and ultimately we were successfully eliminated "HTTP 404" error. But unfortunately we were not able to receive email message into Inbox after running test scenario, might be we are doing something wrong or specifying values at incorrect function place, although we have referred WAPT 3.0 Help and did try to sort out this issue but it was failed! We also called you on July 11, around 8:00 pm IST to discuss this but you might have left from office!

Now what we request at this stage, we have attached WTS file of our recorded scenario along with some screenshots. Kindly refer them and let us know the corrective action to be taken.

Test Scenario

1. Open 'www.Gmail.com'

2. Enter Username/Password

3. 'Compose' Email, enter values at email address, Subject and Body

4. Click on 'Send' , 'Email Message sent' displayed at Gmail - as per expected result (Here while we record test, we are getting Email message once into Inbox but after 'Run Test' we are not receiving Email message into Inbox!!)

After running test scenario we are not getting email message even single time into inbox!! Please guide us in right direction so that we would be able to receive multiple email message to one email address and hence can sort out this issue.

Waiting for your prompt reply on this!!

post-94-1215840571.jpg

post-94-1215840584.jpg

post-94-1215840599.jpg

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Hi Angela,

I have sent .WTS (WAPT file) on WAPT Support <support@loadtestingtool.com> .. please check from there.

Thanks

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Hi Angela,

Thank you for your reply, we have purchased WAPT 5.0 just yesterday. After spend one week of time in R&D, it seems we are getting email messages multiple times from WAPT. But still need to confirm exact/correct method to use it.

Guest angela
Hi Angela,

Thank you for your reply, we have purchased WAPT 5.0 just yesterday. After spend one week of time in R&D, it seems we are getting email messages multiple times from WAPT. But still need to confirm exact/correct method to use it.

Hi Hiten,

In one of the messages in this thread I provided you with a general scheme. In my e-mail message I pointed out to the errors in your profile and provided the ways of fixing them. So please let me know what you mean by "exact/correct method".

Guest Hiten Dhruv

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your email, i have gone through that mail. Because of we were facing some problem earlier in testing our scenario i used 'correct method'.. but now we are receiving multiple emails. But still want to know which is the best suitable scenario to emulate 3000 users to send email and to get best report based on our test input with 'No Errors', I mean shall i go for 'Single user' and put 3000 fixed users or shall i use 3 different profiles and make 1000 users for each or batch/ramp up we should use to split 3000 users.. in user profile we can split it into 3 user profiles and make one user profile for 1000 users each. (1000*3 = 3000 users).. what is your suggestion on this? Please reply