WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doug

Is there a way to use all values in an Ordered List?

Guest Doug

I'm using an ordered list to pass the username and password for logon. My test runs for 25 minutes with a 175 user load with a ramp up of 1 user every 3 seconds. I have an ordered list of 5,000 users. My problem is that after user 175 is used WAPT goes back to user 1 and starts over again. This causes problems because these users, 1 to 175, have already placed their simulated orders and will cause an error if trying to place them again.

I'm looking for a way to have WAPT use 176 to 5,000 users without changing the total load of 175.

TIA

Doug

Guest Anthony
I'm using an ordered list to pass the username and password for logon. My test runs for 25 minutes with a 175 user load with a ramp up of 1 user every 3 seconds. I have an ordered list of 5,000 users. My problem is that after user 175 is used WAPT goes back to user 1 and starts over again. This causes problems because these users, 1 to 175, have already placed their simulated orders and will cause an error if trying to place them again.

I'm looking for a way to have WAPT use 176 to 5,000 users without changing the total load of 175.

TIA

Doug

Hi,

For our test, we need to enter values in four separate fields on the web page – Surname, Given Names, Date of Birth and Street Name. We want to simulate a large number of users using this page, each searching with different values. All four values must relate to the same person record in the database hence we have not used the Random List.

I created a text file with 5,000 lines for each of the four variables I need. If I use the “Different values for different iterations” option, all simulated users in the test search the same names in the same order. This is not a true test of our system because the database would be caching these results in memory. If I user the “Different values for different users” option, all simulated users test with the same name for each iteration. If I am simulating 500 concurrent users, only the first 500 names are used. What I need to have is an option like “Different values for different users and different iterations” such that the following values are used:

User 1 Iteration 1 – string 1

User 2 Iteration 1 – string 2

User 3 Iteration 1 – string 3

User 1 Iteration 2 – string 4

User 2 Iteration 2 – string 5

User 3 Iteration 3 – string 6

etc

I tried to produce a text file containing the URL to the page with a parameter for each value, then creating variables from a “Parameter in a URL”. If the URI is taken from a variable, the encoding removes / & ? etc and it can’t navigate to the page. If I turn off encoding, it seems to work but subsequent pages in the test that require the parameters to be encoded fail.

The “Sequence” function does the sort of thing I need the ‘Ordered List’ function to do – i.e. each user in each iteration gets a distinct value.

I have logged a support request to see what other options are available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony