WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cirej2000

Problems with If/then statements using initial variables

Guest cirej2000

I'm having a big problem with using initial variables.

First of all the initial variable I'm using is a ordered list from a file (this now works great, thanks!).

The goal of my script is to load the URL from a file and use that url in a request.

The script loads the next url in sequence with no problems.

Here's the problem:

My goal is to, based on the action type specified in the URL, go to a particular location in an if/then block.

So, if I load the url into a variable, $VAR(Fileurl), I want to be able to go to a certain block in the code

if $VAR(Fileurl) contains "hook"

GET_HookRequest

else if $VAR(Fileurl) contains "hover"

GET_HoverRequest

else if $VAR(Fileurl) contains "addtocart"

GET_CartRequest

else

GET_UnknownRequest

endif

There is no reliable processing in the if then else block.

I've tried to also use a javascript block to parse the value in the $VAR(Fileurl) and if the url has an index > 0 for one of the values (hook, hover, addtocart, unknown) then return a value (1,2,3,4) corresponding to that value. Then using the if them block:

if javascriptval=1

GET_HookRequest

else javascriptval=2

GET_HoverRequest

else javascriptval=3

GET_CartRequest

else

GET_UnknownRequest

endif

This does not work either.

Is this a problem with recognizing and using initial variables against other initial variables? Without a way to process the initial variables prior to the request blocks, it severely limits the usage of initial variables in decision making logic. This would limit making decisions based on a user/login, customer code, random value, etc.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm emailing the profile file for the javascript example above.

The non javascript example simply attempts to use the $Var(FileURL) value directly in the if/then statements.

So, if I load the url into a variable, $VAR(Fileurl), I want to be able to go to a certain block in the code

if $VAR(Fileurl) contains "hook"

GET_HookRequest

else if $VAR(Fileurl) contains "hover"

GET_HoverRequest

else if $VAR(Fileurl) contains "addtocart"

GET_CartRequest

else

GET_UnknownRequest

endif

There is no reliable processing in the if then else block.

This is a bug. We are fixing it.

Guest cirej2000

Hi Sergei,

I've noticed a couple of issues with this release:

1) The Tools->Settings dialog will lose tabs as you click from one tab to the next. It goes from 7 to 2 tabs (with the general and Record tabs being the only ones remaining).

2) On the Initial Variables dialog, there is a problem with the ability to add a new variable. When I created my first two variables, I don't recall having a problem. And it seems as though if I attempt to create a variable right after starting WAPT Pro, things work fine. That being said, anytime during a session of WAPT Pro after the first attempt to create variable encounters a problem with the "Add" button on the "Add Variable" dialog. It does nothing after the first attempt during that run of WAPT Pro.

I now can no longer reproduce this issue after doing so a couple of times. I'll keep an eye open for the issue. Not sure if the settings menu was a side effect of the Initial Variable thing, vice-versa or if the two were unrelated. But they definitely occurred and were reproducible.