WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest melkor

Socket error 10000

Guest melkor

Hello,

I have a following problem with my test...

App I'm trying to test is on HTTPS, using self-signed certificate for SSL communication. Certificate is imported on the computer test is being run from, so there is no report on invalid certificate when connecting to the app. Recording the scripts through built-in browser went without any problem. However, when trying to verify the test i get the following error:

FAILURE: Socket error: 10000 - ""

I captured my communication using wireshark and it shows that the client (computer I'm running the test from) is closing the connection after the server sends it certificate. Protocol used on the server is TLSv1.

I tried testing another app on https, on completely different system, and everything goes without any problem.

While examining this situation I remembered that in the first surrounding (whole network) proxy server is being used. Since i don't have constant access to that surrounding I can not test if everything would work fine if I have used the option for proxy server in the test. Can this be the source of the problem? You might say I should test it and then report back again, but I want to be ready when I go there next time, so I'm just wondering is there anything I posted here that might indicate where the problem is? Or better yet, is this type of socket error indicating what is the exact cause of the error, since I can't find any more information about it (WAPT related) on the Internet.

Also, are there any other possible "problems" or wrong reports that might arise when using proxy server for the test?

Guest angela

Hello,

I have a following problem with my test...

App I'm trying to test is on HTTPS, using self-signed certificate for SSL communication. Certificate is imported on the computer test is being run from, so there is no report on invalid certificate when connecting to the app. Recording the scripts through built-in browser went without any problem. However, when trying to verify the test i get the following error:

FAILURE: Socket error: 10000 - ""

I captured my communication using wireshark and it shows that the client (computer I'm running the test from) is closing the connection after the server sends it certificate. Protocol used on the server is TLSv1.

I tried testing another app on https, on completely different system, and everything goes without any problem.

While examining this situation I remembered that in the first surrounding (whole network) proxy server is being used. Since i don't have constant access to that surrounding I can not test if everything would work fine if I have used the option for proxy server in the test. Can this be the source of the problem? You might say I should test it and then report back again, but I want to be ready when I go there next time, so I'm just wondering is there anything I posted here that might indicate where the problem is? Or better yet, is this type of socket error indicating what is the exact cause of the error, since I can't find any more information about it (WAPT related) on the Internet.

Also, are there any other possible "problems" or wrong reports that might arise when using proxy server for the test?

Hi, could you please generate and send to us Full and Error logs? It will enable us to get more information on this socket error.

Guest melkor
Hi, could you please generate and send to us Full and Error logs? It will enable us to get more information on this socket error.

Log sent to support[at]loadtestingtool.com

Guest angela

Most probably, the probem is not related to proxy, since it does not influence SSL connection.

Possibly, your application requires client certificate. If so, you need to provide the corresponding information in the settings (on SSL tab). Also, you need to check there if you specified SSL 3.0 (since it should be compatible with TLSv1).

Guest melkor
Most probably, the probem is not related to proxy, since it does not influence SSL connection.

Possibly, your application requires client certificate. If so, you need to provide the corresponding information in the settings (on SSL tab). Also, you need to check there if you specified SSL 3.0 (since it should be compatible with TLSv1).

We still haven't resolved this issue. There is no proxy server involved, nor client certificate. Only server side, self-signed certificate.

As I posted earlier, no problem with browsing from the client computer, no problem while recording the sessions... only socket error 10000 when we try to verify or run the test.

I've mailed parts of the relevant network traffic to support address, hoping this can maybe help resolve this problem.

Guest angela
We still haven't resolved this issue. There is no proxy server involved, nor client certificate. Only server side, self-signed certificate.

As I posted earlier, no problem with browsing from the client computer, no problem while recording the sessions... only socket error 10000 when we try to verify or run the test.

I've mailed parts of the relevant network traffic to support address, hoping this can maybe help resolve this problem.

Yes, we received the letter... I will let you know as soon as we find the reason of the problem.

Guest glynn
I had a similar problem when trying to use a non-PFX cert file that did not include a password for protection.

After exporting the cert again as PFX and adding a password, there were no such errors.

It seems the error is WAPT related - not network etc.

Guest glynn

Other things to add after further testing again:

* try naming your cert file with extension .P12 - e.g. MYCERT.p12

* export the complete CERT chain when exporting the cert file from Internet Explorer (I haven't tried Firefox yet)

I have almost got this working (maybe?) since I'm now getting HTTP 200/OK in my logs - but then at the very END of the transaction list, I see error 0x85670f03.

Now trying to find out what "0x85670f03" is.

This problem was completely resolved in the latest versions of WAPT and WAPT Pro. You can download the updates here.

Should you have any other related problems, please post comments here or contact our support team.