WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sean M. Severson

Validation of viewstate MAC failed.

Guest Sean M. Severson

I'm working on my first load testing scenario for an ASP.NET application and have created several profiles. I'm testing my profiles one-by-one and am ecountering the following error.

System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. ---> System.Web.UI.ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.

There was a thread on this back in 2008, but I did not see a resolution at that time.

I am running a single user for a single profile. The profile loops for 5 minutes and lands on 4 different pages. I have attached the Scenario and the profile in question. I have tried entering enableViewStateValidation = "false" into the web.config files as recommended in some other threads, but this does not help.

We are not running a Web Farm. I do not receive these errors when I run the application manually. I am using the think times generated individually for each request via the record process.

I am using WAPT 6.0 Built on Sep 9, 2009.

Thanks for your help.

Sean M. Severson

Performance_Measurements.wps

PAL_Exact_Claim_Search.wpp

Guest Sean M. Severson

Sergei,

Your question about the log file prompted me to look at this feature (which I had not reviewed before). I discovered that I was getting errors about not being authorized to view pages. I'll use the logs to try to resolve this issue. If I still need assistance, I will post another entry to this thread.

Thanks for your help.

Sean M. Severson

Guest Sean M. Severson

Sergei,

I have attached a log file. Even after looking through the log file, I was unable to determine other steps to take. So, I am still receiving the following error from my asp.net application.

System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster. ---> System.Web.UI.ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.

Thanks for your help.

Sean M. Severson

4_000_0.zip

I think your profile has a wrong parametrization or some requests are missing.

I see following error message in the most of responses:

The application has experienced an error. Please contact your system administrator if this problem persists.

Guest Sean M. Severson

Sergei,

Yes, some of the paramters in my profiles were messed up. I have corrected this and all but one of my profiles are now running without error. The error I am receiving is in our code, but only occurs when I run the load test, not when I manually perform the same activities through our application. This may also be due to an incorrect paramter. I'm still working in this one.

Thanks,

Sean M. Severson

Guest Sean M. Severson

Sergei,

One of the aspx pages I am testing creates a new record, generates a new id for that record, and displays the record on the form. I then add some information into the form and save the record. How does WAPT handle the generation of the id? It looks like it is attempting to use a variable in place of the actual value. Can I use the value that is generated by my code and actually placed in the control on my form?

Sean M. Severson