WAPT Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nigekarus

Error: Socket Error: 10054 - HELP ?!?

Guest nigekarus

Hi All,

We are trying to test a web app written in Perl using MySQL which is also an SSL site (https).

I have recorded a test script and tried to run it, however when logging in we get this error.

Error: Socket Error: 10054 - “An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

This particular application only allows each user to be logged in at one time, and as soon as a duplicate user tries to log in, it boots them out. Does WAPT create multiple sessions with the same login details?

I have tried setting the profile up to use Basic Authentication and imported a Spreadsheet with all usernames and passwords into it, however I am not sure if it is using them.

Anyone know any common causes for this error ????

Thanks Alot

Nigel nigel@karus.com

www.karus.com

Guest angela
Hi All,

We are trying to test a web app written in Perl using MySQL which is also an SSL site (https).

I have recorded a test script and tried to run it, however when logging in we get this error.

Error: Socket Error: 10054 - “An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

This particular application only allows each user to be logged in at one time, and as soon as a duplicate user tries to log in, it boots them out. Does WAPT create multiple sessions with the same login details?

I have tried setting the profile up to use Basic Authentication and imported a Spreadsheet with all usernames and passwords into it, however I am not sure if it is using them.

Anyone know any common causes for this error ????

Thanks Alot

Nigel nigel@karus.com

www.karus.com

Hello,

What authorization do you use?

Guest binarybo
Hello,

What authorization do you use?

Hi Angela,

here is some additioanl information:

1) We ran a test with HTTPS turned off and get the same error.

2) We created a simple test.pl and test.htm file and placed them in the same cgi-bin folder. After running "Verify Test", the test.htm returns a 200 OK, the test.pl returns Network error. If viewed in the Logs, the test.pl returns: FAILURE: Socket error:10054 - "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

3) The application is hosted on IIS 6.0 and using Active PERL 5.08

4) The "Verify Test" request show up in the IIS logs with a "200" code:

2009-03-19 15:47:43 ???.???.180.220 GET /cgi-bin/test.pl - 80 - ???.???.30.129 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.0) http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/test.pl 200 170 310

Here is an entry from the IIS logs after a successful loading of test.pl from my IE 7 browser:

2009-03-19 15:46:30 ???.???.180.220 GET /cgi-bin/test.pl - 80 - ???.???.30.129 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.0;+SLCC1;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+Media+Cent

er+PC+5.0;+InfoPath.2;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET+CLR+3.0.30618;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322;

+OfficeLiveConnector.1.3;+OfficeLivePatch.0.0) - 200 170 397

5) If the same test scenario is run on a local network machine it returns 200 OK successful for the test.pl page

Obviously this is some type of limitation with either IIS, the web server or the network. However, why does it let the IE and FireFox request through, but not the request from the WAPT testinging tool? What could the test tool be sending during its request that is different from IE? Are there any settings we can adjust in WAPT to bypass this block?

Thanks,

BinaryBo

Guest angela
Hi Angela,

here is some additioanl information:

1) We ran a test with HTTPS turned off and get the same error.

2) We created a simple test.pl and test.htm file and placed them in the same cgi-bin folder. After running "Verify Test", the test.htm returns a 200 OK, the test.pl returns Network error. If viewed in the Logs, the test.pl returns: FAILURE: Socket error:10054 - "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

3) The application is hosted on IIS 6.0 and using Active PERL 5.08

4) The "Verify Test" request show up in the IIS logs with a "200" code:

2009-03-19 15:47:43 ???.???.180.220 GET /cgi-bin/test.pl - 80 - ???.???.30.129 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.0) http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/test.pl 200 170 310

Here is an entry from the IIS logs after a successful loading of test.pl from my IE 7 browser:

2009-03-19 15:46:30 ???.???.180.220 GET /cgi-bin/test.pl - 80 - ???.???.30.129 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.0;+SLCC1;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+Media+Cent

er+PC+5.0;+InfoPath.2;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET+CLR+3.0.30618;+.NET+CLR+1.1.4322

;

+OfficeLiveConnector.1.3;+OfficeLivePatch.0.0) - 200 170 397

5) If the same test scenario is run on a local network machine it returns 200 OK successful for the test.pl page

Obviously this is some type of limitation with either IIS, the web server or the network. However, why does it let the IE and FireFox request through, but not the request from the WAPT testinging tool? What could the test tool be sending during its request that is different from IE? Are there any settings we can adjust in WAPT to bypass this block?

Thanks,

BinaryBo

Hi,

We tried to access http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/test.pl with WAPT, and WAPT returned 200.

Are you using a proxy in the test? Also, please send to support@loadtestingtool.com your Profile, scenario and Full\Error logs generated by WAPT.